Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

vadim frunza

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Just commenting to say I'm glad Verizon is pushing the update. I left Verizon for two reasons, over priced and I wanted a lumia 950 (wanted the 950 more than I cared about monthly price). I'm on straight talk now with a 950 and very happy. Great job Verizon :)

MA70mgte

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the latest redstone release and my phone seems to be operating fine. battery life is normal for a 2yr old phone. "Hey Cortana" has always worked for me.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by Rellik66

Originally Posted by chefster74
Sorry Spicy, I hadn't had enough coffee yet.

So it's currently no different than being Insider Release Preview.

Is there a clean image available, or do we have to use the upgrade advisor?

That's right. Since Verizon didn't publish any new firmware, they essentially just tested that the current firmware worked well enough with Windows 10. I don't ever expect to see new firmware, and due to that, no new factory image. My mother has a Blu HD that's in the same boat. The Icon should now continue to receive OS updates for some time though!

RodHatley

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed if the the proximity sensor works when making a call with the production build from Verizon? I have been using insider preview on the Icon in preview release and fast rings and when you make a call (no bluetooth) the screen is practically impossible to get it to come on. Very hard to hang up, have to wait till the other party hangs up. That is about the only issue I have had with Insider builds, but if they have fixed this on Verizon version, I will make the effort to recover and upgrade using the supported version.

M3llowowman

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the latest fast ring build with little problems. Hey Cortana works, live tiles work and the battery lasted more than 24 hours. The problem I have is with networking. It seems as though it has difficulty transitioning from wireless to cellular. If you want to know how specific feature is working, just ask.

Last edited:

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I went back to 8.1 and then updated to 10 using windows adviser or whatever the app is. I did not think the battery life was very good at all So I went back to the fast ring the battery life on build 14372.0 is very good.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed if the the proximity sensor works when making a call with the production build from Verizon? I have been using insider preview on the Icon in preview release and fast rings and when you make a call (no bluetooth) the screen is practically impossible to get it to come on. Very hard to hang up, have to wait till the other party hangs up. That is about the only issue I have had with Insider builds, but if they have fixed this on Verizon version, I will make the effort to recover and upgrade using the supported version.

I've updated from 8.1 to Verizon's release of 10 and I've noticed no issues with the proximity sensor.

MSFanboy2

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I updated to Official Windows 10 version using the Upgrade Advisor App. Process was smooth but that was the end of good exerpience. Life of battery has tanked after the upgrade. My phone has gone from one charge a day to a minimum of two charges a day and that is without any increase in usage if not decrease :unhappysweat:. A couple of other issues that i'm seeing are
1) Facebook app is consuming a lot of cellular data.
2) Messaging app is slow. I have to wait 5-10 secs to see my text posted after i click on send arrow. it might just be because i'm new to Win 10 messaging but is it supposed to work with such long delays?
3) Also, i don't see any update on the tile for Mail app when i get new emails.

UX certainly looks smooth and has some nice transitions but issue with battery life is anhilating my experience on Windows 10 mobile.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated to Official Windows 10 version using the Upgrade Advisor App. Process was smooth but that was the end of good exerpience. Life of battery has tanked after the upgrade. My phone has gone from one charge a day to a minimum of two charges a day and that is without any increase in usage if not decrease :unhappysweat:. A couple of other issues that i'm seeing are
1) Facebook app is consuming a lot of cellular data.
2) Messaging app is slow. I have to wait 5-10 secs to see my text posted after i click on send arrow. it might just be because i'm new to Win 10 messaging but is it supposed to work with such long delays?
3) Also, i don't see any update on the tile for Mail app when i get new emails.

UX certainly looks smooth and has some nice transitions but issue with battery life is anhilating my experience on Windows 10 mobile.

Do a hard reset and then adjust your background apps. Had to do the same with my wife's 640. She's back to a day and half again like on 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon