Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
my first encounter with Windows Phone was my colleague's yellow Lumia 520 and another colleague's Lumia 800 (the latter regretfully switched to Android after his Lumia took a dive in a toilet)

as of today, I know 7 people (excluding me) in Institut Teknologi Bandung who have a Lumia (four 520s, two 920s, and one 1020)
there must be more, though...

UPDATE (26/05): just remembered that I met a guy with a WP7 Nokia (possibly a Lumia 800) in a class...
and recently I met a junior with a Nokia Lumia 620
he said that he has been using Windows Phone since 2 years ago and he has converted one of his friend to a Lumia 920

I also saw three other people (not from my campus) that uses Windows Phones (520, 720, 920)
for sure it's getting more and more attention

Last edited:

Jack Larson1

May 18, 2013
Visit site
YES. 5 friends have a mix of Nokias and HTC( 3 teachers/coaches also). 2 others used to have an 8X (an unfortunate washing machine accident, downgraded to an iPhone 4 IMO) or an unknown WP7 (later moved to older iphone). I have seen at least 3 WP on public transit. 2 1020s in airports. Another 920(?) at a great wolf lodge a while back.
basically, I'm seeing other WPs on a daily basis. I'm pretty close to Redmond though, if that makes a difference.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Probably 90% of the people I know use iPhones. The other use Samsung androids. No good logic behind this. Advertising maybe?

SchlepNT

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
My company switched to Windows Phone last year, so there's a couple dozen of us with HTC 8X's. Unfortunately they won't upgrade us until next year, so I've given up on my dreams of getting the Icon.

oldone2711

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Do you know anyone outside of your immediate family who owns a Windows Phone? I have only seen one WP out in the wild and that person traded her Lumia 900 for an Android phone in like a month. Otherwise I have not seen a single person who owned a WP, but apparently there are a few million of them out there. It makes me wonder where these people are who own them. I assume more people here have a WP, so they must exist, right?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I only know one person who picked Windows Phone other than me - my girlfriend's brother. Sadly, I haven't found anyone or met anyone else using a WP whenever I go out. It's not very much popular here in the Philippines, as people prefer Android or Apple devices.
None of my friends use WP too. They don't know what they're missing WP8.1 has a lot of great stuff.
Another friend of mine is planning to get a Lumia 1520 but still not sure.

Green Onion

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
My parents both got Lumia 520s at my recommendation. One of my closest friends has some sort of Windows Phone 7 that she might upgrade. Other than that, I've seen a few around, mostly either low end (520/620) or the 1020. Never seen a non Nokia WP though! :p

Manoj Daran

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I got my L520 on the first day of its launch, my Country [India]. After seeing the Unique qualities, about half of my friends circle started buying Lumias.
Proud to be a Pioneer :)lol

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Out of about 50 people where I work I think mine is the only Windows Phone. Apple dominates, with plenty of Android too. My wife and son have Windows Phones, but my dad has Android and my daughter has an iPhone. It's hard to find them around here. Even the GoPhone and T-Mobile prepaid sections often show no Lumias, or maybe one 520 or 521.

Christine1309

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm the only person I know with a Windows Phone. When I first switched (LG Quantum at launch) I convinced an older coworker who had never used a smartphone to purchase one but her son convinced her to switch to Android within a year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes