"Something that will blow your mind" what do you think this could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

crunchtime85

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
@evleaks is all about new devices! I think the 'mindblowing thing' will be big companies like HTC and Samsung realsing new phones with Windows 10 in the near future. That would match all the other rumors right now and the fact that Microsoft concentrates on releasing even fewer phones that are specifically aimed at business users.

Jan Goesaert

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Everyone that has been faithul enough to keep using Windows Phone in the last three years will receive a free Surface Phone. Or at least the building blocks and a manual. To collect at the local Ikea store.

spazinvader

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
"Windows faithful"
They are those who have windows laptops, xbox(may or may not), windows phones, windows desktop(may or may not). So something mind blowing for those who have all these? Like hand off feature available in apple? answer the call through desktop or tablet or xbox? send and receive messages through all?

Gregory Newman

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft starts selling PC/ over the AIR Broad cast TV 27 inch monitors that a Continuum capable windows 10 mobile
smart phone can easily connect to

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Aren't you people tired of this Surface Phone thing?

No matter what it is (if MS one day decides to make it) its still going to be OS wise the same WP/WM as the cheapest one available now (+ continium. Which probably 4/5 people dont even need)

This is exactly what many have noted, that no matter what name it will have, what HW features it will have, if the OS will be in the same state as it is now, what difference is it gonna make?? The same enormous enthusiasm could be seen before the two 950s were launched, that those phones will save WP/WM...well did they?? not at all. It's something that many here are used to: next time, soon (tm), wait for a fix.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Probably Visual Studio support for HoloLens, or some SDK for HoloLens available for everyone for free.
That for sure will blow people minds that understand the possibilities behind HoloLens. Probably for the average Joe it will just be a fart news :)

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Really the only thing that would interest me right now would be if they had worked with app developers to successfully port a BUNCH of apps from iOS to WP. I mean like 20 of the top apps that aren't available. Manage that and you will get my attention.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Facetime/Skype cross-interoperability?

Facetime and iMessage ported to WP?

Custom WM ROMs available for Android phones?

Steve Wozniak caught using a 950XL?

Grindr is releasing an app for WM? :devil: :grin:

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If it's anything less than project Islandwood and/or Astoria fully up and running, meaning we're about to drown in awesome apps then it's going to be a let down.

Who cares if Samsung, LG, HP, Lenovo, Acer and a thousand other OEM's decide to make Windows Mobile Phones.....hardware ain't the issue with WP, it's a massive lack of decent apps to run on the hardware

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The 950's camera's are actually better than the 1020's for everyday use.

They might be better as in faster shot to shot but better quality? Sorry I do not agree. I sold my 1020 & 1520 to get the 950xl and, frankly, especially video, the quality of shots is not as good as the 1020 (To me). I used the 950xl over the Xmas period and have since returned to the 1020 with grip.

Imagine that... someone that's actually used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes