Windows Phone overtakes Blackberry usage

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Sources: Windows Phone sees big gains at the expense of BlackBerry and Symbian
Windows Phone overtakes BlackBerry in usage share - Neowin

The sources have in-depth graphs and usage figures.
[info]
Some of the more notable figures seem to be that at the end of February '13 Windows smartphone sales in the US were at 4.1% compared to 0.7% of RIM. I'm not sure but I think Rim became Blackberry and launched BB10 in March so we'll have to wait for more up to date figures there.

New data for March '13 it shows that for the total percent use of smartphones, Windows Phone has 1.50% total market share compared to Blackberry's 1.38% market share.

Other Windows Phone country use figures are (all figures at the end of Feb '13):
UK use in '13 - 6.7% compared to a '12 figure of 3%
Italy use in '13 - 13.1% compared to a '12 figure of 5.4%
US use in '13 - 4.1% compared to a '12 figure of 2.7%
Australia use in '13 - 1.4% compared to a '12 figure of 3.4%
[/info]
Pretty much across the board growth for Windows Phone in all regions. Are you happy with the amount of growth for Windows Phone as we are currently seeing? Do you think there are specific reasons like hardware and software support that companies like HTC and Nokia are offering that surpass other platforms out there?

Discuss below!

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I think we'll see some improvement when iOS7 comes out this summer. Buyers who are holding out for an Iphone will see that Apple will re-hash Iphone 5 to 5s. They will be disappointed that iOS7 is just a slight improvement over iOS6 with no real innovation. That is when WP8 should pull out the big guns and try to sweep up some buyers who are disappointed with Apple. Those guys aren't going to go Android, so why not go to WP. Mark my words....I like turtles!

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I think we'll see some improvement when iOS7 comes out this summer. Buyers who are holding out for an Iphone will see that Apple will re-hash Iphone 5 to 5s. They will be disappointed that iOS7 is just a slight improvement over iOS6 with no real innovation. That is when WP8 should pull out the big guns and try to sweep up some buyers who are disappointed with Apple. Those guys aren't going to go Android, so why not go to WP. Mark my words....I like turtles!
People said same about iPhone 4S and it has outsold S3 and iPhone 5 to become best selling smartphone for the year 2012 worldwide

Now , Everyone is bashing Galaxy S4 but again it will be one of the top 3 best selling phone of 2013 behind iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S or in middle of 5 and 5S

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
What goes up must come down. Apple WILL crash, it's just a matter of time. Personally I think they'll be the laughing stock of phones within three years. I know that's hard to believe right now, but remember not too long ago that Blackberry was king of the smartphone world and now they are considered a joke by all but those over at Crackberry.com

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Awwww yiss! Suck iiit BB <3
And now with Lumias 520 and 720 it will increase even more, specially 520, since it makes WP more affordable than ever without major hardware compromises!
520 is like a slight downgraded 620! (yes the screen is 4" but at same 620 resolution, you lose ppi)

Gogogo WP8 /o/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720