08-25-2013 03:49 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    Ah well I meant Major update. The other updates which you have mentioned (except 7.8 which I believe was brought AFTER wp8 came out so to appease Wp7 people who wanted the new homescreen(with multiple row of icons lol)) are all minor fixes and not really new features unlike Mango. For more information, you can see here: Windows Phone version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . So basically the point I was trying to make was MS is very slow in their updates. I'm only hoping to see many more updates albeit at a faster pace.. :)

Wp8 is still immature and has long way to go for sure. My Lumia has already rebooted on me last week, My modded Droid NEVER failed on me. Dont compare Custom roms on Android with Wp8 lol dont make me laugh. Custom roms are really cool, nice way of trying new things whereas on Windows Phoen you are stuck with the same old tile look :) . Same with IOS. OP has to decide if he wants to try out a newer OS(like I did) or stick with Android(which has far more functionalities than either OS, and is really endless with the right Phone.
    endless lag perhaps
    08-23-2013 08:13 AM
    I'm still trying to figure out how WP8 expected to compete against two giants like Apple and Google without offering any full featured phones. I'm hoping Nokia can survive and WP8 challenges for smartphone supremacy in the future, but currently they have quite a ways to go.
    By being different (ex the UI).
    And offering features not present in other mobile OS's also by updating it adding missing features (gdrX and blue)?
    08-23-2013 04:55 PM
    If OP is still debating maybe i can help a bit, my previous phone was a low budget Android.

Couple of things that really bother me with WP8:

The obvious problem with the battery (i'm getting annoying with this i know), it's really an issue, having to remove the batter 3 times now, while not doing that ever with the previous phone.
    No AirDroid app
    No custom notifications, used to have Twitter as a bird chirp, now i have no idea whether i've got an email, tweet, sms, low battery info, not until i look at the screen.
    No "clear notifications", i don't need a notification centre but i want to clear the little number counters, for example IM+ and gtalk, i've read the messages on PC, but the number notification still remains on the tile and i have to go into the app, into that conversation, and then it clears, very stupid if you're used to "clear notifications"
    Other storage issue is also still a mystery just like battery drain, no one has a clear clue yet, not even MS it seems.
    No real time tiles for battery status and clock yet (it seems HTC has this but not sure how it works).
    Can't hide videos, so if you have some clip that you don't want people to see, bad luck, it's there with your video of cat with a hat...
    SkyDrive is not better then Dropbox to me, so it really needs official Dropbox.

OS has a huge potential and i really like it other then these couple of 'niggles'.. I'm sure i've forgot some though.
    08-23-2013 05:22 PM
    By being different (ex the UI).
    And offering features not present in other mobile OS's also by updating it adding missing features (gdrX and blue)?
    You mean like tiles that don't always update, and not having the basic features that my old Nokia E71 and almost all Nokia phones had several years ago? Sure that's going to really gain WP8 a huge market share!!!
    08-23-2013 05:49 PM
    @m3kk, I'll ignore your post since you are just trolling. For only someone who has OCD, Lags can be very irritating otherwise it just becomes normal as you use it.

So folks... Remember there's no option to turn off toasts on WP.. Neither file Manager. No option to attach docs other than photos right from your Mail App. This is one of the drawbacks of WP8.
    08-24-2013 12:53 AM
    @m3kk, I'll ignore your post since you are just trolling. For only someone who has OCD, Lags can be very irritating otherwise it just becomes normal as you use it.

So folks... Remember there's no option to turn off toasts on WP.. Neither file Manager. No option to attach docs other than photos right from your Mail App. This is one of the drawbacks of WP8.
    U can email docs thru the office hub
    08-24-2013 12:56 AM
    U can email docs thru the office hub
    Yes but if you start composing your mail midway and you want to attach that doc, you cant. Basically, there's should be all options provided from the mail app but its not possible.
    08-24-2013 01:20 AM
    Yes but if you start composing your mail midway and you want to attach that doc, you cant. Basically, there's should be all options provided from the mail app but its not possible.
    yes options should be there, but since you know you have to go through the office hub, do it that way. Attach the file through the office hub and then type out what you want. Its not that hard.
    08-24-2013 01:30 AM
    yes options should be there, but since you know you have to go through the office hub, do it that way. Attach the file through the office hub and then type out what you want. Its not that hard.
    But one of WP's bragging points is simplicity. This is not simple. It basically amounts to a workaround. And what if I want to send more than one document? Send more emails? How professional does that look?
    08-24-2013 06:02 AM
    The problem is you have first party apps for MS services (like Outlook and Skydrive) and it appears that Google will do anything it can to slow down MS and I believe only anti-trust/government intervention will force Google to put any first party apps (GMail, Maps, Search, etc) on Windows Phone. I think they figure Apple is big enough to keep the anti trust away and they don't want to compete with two major competitors. For people that say app support will eventually catch up I think you have to accept this won't happen and you are basically like the Mac users of the 90s/2000s of accepting the Apple software or not. Windows Phone is now 3 years old and I believe unless they get to 10% that a number of apps will never come to Windows Phone (I'm talking mostly about 3rd party commercial services like banks (especially low resource/local ones like Credit Unions), Finance (Fidelity, etc), Travel (Hotels, Airlines), Sports (especially apps for your local team like Baseball, Football, B-Ball and Hockey). If one of those is important to you then you either accept the limitation or go to iOS or Android.
    08-25-2013 03:49 PM
85 ... 234