Any chance Microsoft will address device inter connectivity with 8.1??

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Why does Microsoft outright ignore device connectivity??? Things I could do way back with my Audiovox SMT 5600 and a Windows ME machine, I can not do with my modern devices.

In the old days Activesync and Bluetooth was just awesome.....I never had to pay much for data ( which was massive using GPRS).

When I hacked my Audiovox up to WinMo 6.1 it added ability to use a lesser device to do so much more, like GPS.

Now my Nokia Lumia 1020 will not connect in any way via bluetooth to my Acer W3 tablet. Both are Microsoft Devices but other then a USB connection I have no wireless options to pair the 2.

With my ever advancing age my eyes become less able to read the screen on a 1020 (which is a big screen), I would be able to view GPS app on the W3 with the 1020 acting as the GPS. However Microsoft just does nothing to allow for pairing of devices of their own products.

Has Microsoft done anything to address this in WP 8.1 yet????

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth on the desktop just seems to be dead. I don't recall any version of Windows were it actually worked well. I have a nervous breakdown any time I try to do Bluetooth pairing to a desktop.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth on the desktop just seems to be dead. I don't recall any version of Windows were it actually worked well. I have a nervous breakdown any time I try to do Bluetooth pairing to a desktop.

Bluetooth under ActiveSync worked smoothly for me always !! I only ever had issue way way back in the day of IR sync on a few old WinCE handhelds.

Many used to love having a WinMo 6.5 device paired to a laptop using streets and trips or what ever other gps app they used.

This really should be a part of the builds of today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS