Help! Focus not recognized by comuter or Zune anymore!

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Help! Focus not recognized by computer or Zune anymore!

Hi there,
When I plugged in my phone to my computer today, Windows 7 says the USB device is not recognized or malfunctioned. I tried uninstalling the driver, re-installing the Zune software, restarting, using Microsoft's "FixIt" solutions, and nothing seems to work. The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset of the phone, but I would prefer not to do that unless i really have to.

When I plug the USB cable into a wall outlet or the computer, it charges fine. It's just not being recognized by my computer or the Zune software anymore, so I can't sync anything.

Please help with any ideas!

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This happened with my wife's Focus about a month ago. It would charge (and windows would "see" it), but it wouldn't connect or sync. Tried a hard reset, upgrading the device to 8107 manually, etc - nothing worked except replacing it under insurance.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This happened with my wife's Focus about a month ago. It would charge (and windows would "see" it), but it wouldn't connect or sync. Tried a hard reset, upgrading the device to 8107 manually, etc - nothing worked except replacing it under insurance.

crap! Did you try a new cable?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon