1080p monitor vs 1080p TV

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing it, I'm ditching my desktop... sort of. Next month I'm buying a Surface RT and I'm going to output that to a second monitor. I'm not getting rid of my desktop. Instead I'm going to beef it up and then use it as a general workstation for photo/video editing. In reality it's going to be my girl's computer. The Surface will become my replacement laptop. After all, the only thing I need is Office and Internet.

Ideally I would like a 21.5" 1080p monitor with HDMI input for around $150. Unfortunately, the HDMI input option seems to be few and far between for that price range. So what about a 1080p TV instead? It doesn't have to be fancy, even something like this 22" Westinghouse would get the job done. But is there really any downside to going with a TV vs monitor (other than color reproduction)? I'm mostly talking about using Office and Hulu/Netflix.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at a few ASUS monitors but I questioned if they were any good. I don't usually associate ASUS with pretty images. :grin:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It will be fine connecting the desktop to the television it seems they have more ports than monitor now. :confused:

I connected my laptop to my television very easy I used an HDMI cable didn't notice the difference between having a monitor or television. :smile:

Some television have VGA ports shipped inside them as well. :smile:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It will be fine connecting the desktop to the television it seems they have more ports than monitor now. :confused:

I connected my laptop to my television very easy I used an HDMI cable didn't notice the difference between having a monitor or television. :smile:

Some television have VGA ports shipped inside them as well. :smile:

That is something to consider. With a TV I would have the option of connecting a Blu-ray player or watching... well TV lol

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Couple of weeks ago bought a Sony blu ray on sale with wifi. Not only blu ray and dvd, but have been streaming netflix and you tube as well. Haven't messed with hulu or other options yet. But quality is good and enjoying it so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)