64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC problem

Tetsuo15

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a problem that I'm hoping can be cleared up.

I bought a 64gb class 10 Microsdxc Sandisk card for my lumia 520, and everything was running fine until one day Windows 7 on the PC stopped recognising my phone

I took out the sdcard card and hey presto windows recognised the phone - I reinserted the sdcard and windows failed to recognise the phone again.

Noting this must be a problem with the sdcard I erased the card using the lumia, reinserted and reformatted the card using the lumia and the PC recognised the phone again

All was running fine until a few days ago

the problem has resurfaced and after much trial and error I have deduced that for some reason my PC will refuse to recognise the phone if the sdcard is in- but only when the storage limit goes over a certain amount (I deleted a ton of files the other day using the phone whilst connected to PC and magically windows 7 suddenly recognised the device)

Is there any way to fix this?

The sdcard always works fine once it's reformatted and reinserted, but then windows fails to detect the phone at all once I get passed a certain gig amount on the card (usually around 35gb) it's really frustrating! :devil:

docholliday666

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You may have a fake SD card. Are you sure you bought it from a legit seller? I see a lot of problems in all kind of devices with cards that are marked some value that is greater than what it really is. Download H2testw from SOSFakeflash and test your card.

You could just have a bad card too.

Tetsuo15

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm going to check that now, I bought the card from Ebay, but it was packaged (unopened had to tear it open etc) in Sandisk retail packaging

Tetsuo15

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Just checked now - card inserted windows 8.1 lumia 520 = phone not recognised by windows 7 on PC

taken card out and placed into PC on it's own ready for testing with H2testw and the card is recognised (formatted to Exfat showing 8gb remaining of a total of 59.4gb)

running test now (2h remaining due to super slow card reader)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf