8.1 Developer Preview Everything Music Thread

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When I connect to bluetooth (my car), play music, and shut the car off (thusly, disconnecting the bluetooth), it closes Xbox Music.
Music + Videos didn't do that (it would, simply, pause the audio).
As such, when I get into my car (the next time), I can't hit play on my bluetooth.
I have to re-open the app and hit play, in the app.
I guess it's more of an annoyance, than anything.
I'm sure some people wouldn't want the app to stay open, but I really appreciated that I could just hop in and hit play (never pulling the phone out of my pocket).
JJ

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I think if they don't fix the meta-data issues on Xbox Music this year, I'm going to by a Sony Xperia Z2 and use Walkman or Google Play. I hope tonight's update fixes meta-data...but hey, Microsoft time and time again has proved they don't care about music lovers, just the masses who listen to pop artists. I'm losing faith in Microsoft's ability to make a good music player. I'll still give them a chance to fix Xbox Music, but if my needs aren't met, then it's time to go to Android.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I think if they don't fix the meta-data issues on Xbox Music this year, I'm going to by a Sony Xperia Z2.

Wow, you're generous. This needs to be fixed asap, with general availability of 8.1 at the very latest. Meta data and playlist limit are seriously the most iimportant issues, closely followed by better playlist controls (being able to "queue" a song to be played next).

Mrinal Maheshwari

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
This XBox Music app really sucks....
Some of my album arts are visible....but for majority of albums, its not visible....
Very disgusting app....
Default music app for WP 8.0 was far better than this....

bellamyCK

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you're generous. This needs to be fixed asap, with general availability of 8.1 at the very latest. Meta data and playlist limit are seriously the most iimportant issues, closely followed by better playlist controls (being able to "queue" a song to be played next).
Agree, I miss the Music app in 8.0. It's not a perfect Music player, but it is fast, stable, and I can use MPAtool to add the artist background.
The Xbox Music in 8.1 sucks, slow, sometimes auto quit when I was using it, and some of my albums don't show the Album art, although in other app (like Nokia Mix Radio....) still show the Album art.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You really shouldn't be missing the 8.0 music app in 8.1 as you can enable it again using Music Hub.

Most of the time I access my music by bringing up the volume bar and tapping the currently playing/paused song. Even were using the old music hub, this will always throw you back to the crappy new music app.
Citing this as a solution is not helpful.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Well this sucks! The update is delayed until early next week!

June 6, 2014

Our fourth update to the Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox Music app is almost ready. We have a few tweaks we want to get in this one, so expect it early next week. This next release will continue to deliver on feature requests you are providing through the User Voice forum. So please, keep the feedback coming.

Thanks,
The Xbox Music Team

Music on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Coming Soon! | 6/6/14 – Xbox Music Suggestion Box

Cabresau007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Quick question. How do I get my album artworks to show up in the music app. Back in WP8 you would only need to name the file "ZuneAlbumArt" and place it in the folder you want it in. But know I can't figure it out. And I really don't want to use ITunes(ZUNE SOFTWARE FTW!!!) to add the artwork. The reason being 1 I hate it 2 it messes with my metadata soooooo bad 3 it's a shame that Microsoft gives iTunes permission to sync but not ZUNE!! The software is so good and developed by their very own. If anybody has figured it out then let me know. Thanks!

d3ad connection

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, having both ZuneAlbumArt.jpg and AlbumArtSmall.jpg in every album's folder (same image, just different names) solved all of my album art issues with Zune, the WP8 music hub and Xbox Music from 8.1.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
my xbox music app stopped working, i just went out this morning and when i tried to open it it was "loading" forever until i close it or it simply crashes to the start menu, sometimes it displays the green screen and stays there forever too, the back key does nothing i have to manually close it or go to the menu, had to use nokia mixradio, any way to fix this? im on 8.1 with latest updates on lumia 928, i cant reinstall the app neither, when i do it from the computer the phone does nothing, and on the phone itself there isnt an option to reinstall, i can ask cortana to shuffle my music though and it works like it should, but trying to launch the app from the music controls above will give me the same result

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
so all this bullsh## about faster updates to a separate app as the reasoning behind removal of the music hub is simply a cover for MSFT's attempt to force us into using the cloud to play our own music...eventually. They are just chipping away at what is left of their music service and I said this months ago about the real motives not being visible. I will not believe that it is any form of incompetence on their employees part when it comes to something as simple as making a music app that works well for our own music. Do not forget that Microsoft now has the former head of their Cloud Division running the company

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
so all this bullsh## about faster updates to a separate app as the reasoning behind removal of the music hub is simply a cover for MSFT's attempt to force us into using the cloud to play our own music...eventually. They are just chipping away at what is left of their music service and I said this months ago about the real motives not being visible. I will not believe that it is any form of incompetence on their employees part when it comes to something as simple as making a music app that works well for our own music. Do not forget that Microsoft now has the former head of their Cloud Division running the company

Bummer...

I figured they would do this eventually,but didn't expect it this soon.

Too bad really,but I guess the Xbox fanatics will love it.

I was considering keeping this phone till Threshold came out,but I really can't see that happening now.

Mac

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
wait what? Where did you get that from? All I said was that Onedrive, Music and Video are now built in apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di