928 Accessories List

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used any car holders with the 928? I've been looking around for something at a cheap price range ($15-$20) but most of the ones I've found I'm not sure if they will fit the 928 well. (it looks like the clamps on the sides are too big and will clamp onto the side buttons).

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used any car holders with the 928? I've been looking around for something at a cheap price range ($15-$20) but most of the ones I've found I'm not sure if they will fit the 928 well. (it looks like the clamps on the sides are too big and will clamp onto the side buttons).

I have one I've been using for quite some time. It is a universal holder that attaches to the seat mount on the floor. I've used it with WP, BB, and Palm (Pre+). I'll snap a pic or two here in a bit and post for you to see.

Last edited:

shawn13165

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I use my universal samsung holder. Bought iy when i had my GS3 and it works fine for the 928. Never have any issues with it clamping onto the buttons and once its clamped onto it, its snug and secure. I can post pics of it later if you like

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2053782

I've been using this mount for the last couple of weeks. I've used it in three different vehicles now and it is very secure on the windshield, with little movement of the phone itself when mounted. I position the phone so the clamp arm is between the power button and the camera button. The phone can easily be positioned in either portrait or landscape mode.

Initially, I was viewing this mount as only a temporary option until I got either the Nokia CR-200 or Pro-clip came out with an wireless charging mount for the 928. But, based upon feedback on the CR-200 (mount pressing on camera button) and Pro-clip's lack of confirmation on a solution, this may end up being the mount I continue with, perhaps adding an NFC tag to it.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I just received my replacement Poetic Atmosphere case for the flare issue. Poetic's customer support was very good and shipped out the case 2day shipping. As others have said the new one has the plastic removed between the flash and lens. Is it me or do the buttons seem easier to press now with the case on? That was the one thing I didn't like about the original one.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am still waiting for my replacement from Poetic. In the meantime I have gone back to my Incipio feather. I forgot how much I like this case. Now I don't know whether to go back to the Poetic once it gets here.

shawn13165

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
The revised case doesnt have anything between the lens and the flash. They should be shipping only the revised cases now as most who ordered originally have gotten revised replacements already

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's all a matter of taste. I personally love the look of my phone with a skin on it, and the translucent atmosphere over that. :-D

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So which case looks the best on a white 928? I'm torn between the Poetic Atmosphere and one of the Incipio feather cases.

I like both cases. The Incipio really does a great job of maintaining the integrity of the phones original design. The phone definitely has more bulk to it in the poetic. I didn't even realize it until I took the poetic off and felt how much thinner the phone was. The Poetic looks great and feels great in the hand. It also offers more protection and allows the pure view branding to shine in its glory. I haven't put the replacement on yet but with the original the buttons are a chore to press.

egret85

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Got my Poetic Atmosphere today. Got the new version that fixes the flash issue. One question, Anyone else have issues with the case pressing the camera button? The case hold the camera button in a half press at all times and if you barely tap it, it does a full press. The half press is causing an issue because the phone wont allow me to swipe to previous pictures because it thinks in half pressing to focus and take another photo. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It made the camera button VERY touchy. I used an envelope opener to "stretch" the button covering from the inside, and it's better now. Still more sensitive than I'd like, and gives less of the half-press feel than I'd like, but better than it was.

I've given some thought to using an Xacto knife to cut out the button coverings, squared like other cases, but haven't decided for sure. I may do it with the "defective" case to see how it looks/feels.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here guys with the replacement. The camera button stays at half press. The volume and power buttons are better than the original case though.

Just followed hopmedics suggestion of stretching out the camera button from the inside. I used a butter knife. Pushed the button to the limit around all sides and it works perfect now. I just hope it stays stretched.

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement in but haven't put it on yet. I have however used a permanent marker and make a quick ring around the camera hole and the halo effect is non existent. May just stick with the old case so I don't get the camera button. I'll try it on when I get back from vacation

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Guys at first glance I thought I was dreaming but my battery life has gone way up using the replacement poetic case. My phone seems faster too!

:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria