All Future Lumia Phones

boomerz

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
With the Lumia 535 being the first "official" Microsoft phone do you think that that going forward all Lumia phones will at least have a LED flash, front facing camera and 1GB of RAM? These were the lacking features that hindered people from using the Windows Phone to the fullest on the low end handsets. So if the 535 is the low end I can only imagine what they'll have for a true flagship. For what it's worth I consider the Lumia 735 and 830 hold overs from old Nokia design team before Microsoft took full reigns of the phone division. I don't want to have inconsistent features such as the 735 having a better front facing camera than the 830. As you go up the line I believe all aspects of the phone should be better than the lower line before it.

Vincentius Dalton

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Let's hope so! Microsoft is doing the right thing with their first low-end Lumia phone by giving it 1 GB, 5 MP FFC, and 5 MP rear camera + flash. IMO any future Lumia phones without at least these features would be a disappointment.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess the 535 is probably the new start for Microsoft Mobile.
Since it's the first MM model to hit the streets we'll most likely see a new number or naming regiment now.
Looks like Nokia ended with the 1520 and the last Lumia under MS is the 830.

I wonder what the next MM model number will be?

The 535 to me seems as though it's the right start for mobile phones under Microsoft at least in the low end market.
Just a thought or two...

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
They need a less confusing product line too. Something that could be marketed more simply. Like the way the Surface lines or Xbox is.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
They need a less confusing product line too. Something that could be marketed more simply. Like the way the Surface lines or Xbox is.

I made up a simple list:
5xx: Affordable low end
5x5: Affordable low end with dream features
6xx: Slowly declining specs, high end 5xx
7xx: Better 6xx
8xx: Underwhelming 9xx
9xx: High end, well rounded, moved to UK.
10xx: The best camera sensors, Nokia N8 remastered
13xx: Affordable 15xx
15xx: Phablet
25xx: Rt tablet series.

😃

xjjon

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I made up a simple list:

��

You don't think that is too much? That means at least 10 phones from microsoft + variants?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I made up a simple list:

😃
There's now way they can effectively market that to the masses. :) If you think Samsung, you think of S series or Notes. Apple is 6 or 6+.

Then the stores only seem to carry what was last released when it comes to windows phones. Which probably causes more consumer confusion.

Outside of the flagship lines nobody really cares and it becomes about price. But in established markets does anyone really care so much about the bargain lines?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
While I agree the flagships get the attention, and are very needed. The 520's, and 635's get the sales and shelf space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven