Any Android users use Launcher 10 on their phones?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you actually use them as a Live Tile, or more as a shortcut? Do you actually look at whatever info they display and then decide whether or not to open the app?
I still run Windows 7 on my Intel NUC, but on my Surface tablets, I do have the same live tiles I use on my Lumia 950: News, Money, and Weather and I do decide to open ONLY if I see something that interests me. It's a good way -necessary for my health, to screen/limit what news/info I access -i.e., not much. Several other tiles are also live, but not meaningfully.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Dan is you live tile feature for email and calender working
Because though I purchased it s not working
Not sure that you're asking me, but I only do mail and calendar on my 950. My calendar and Outlook tiles do flip/live on my Surface tablets, though they're not as active as the others. (I use the Outlook tile in medium-size and the calendar one in wide-size, not that this would matter.)

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine is working, but i have to have the native Samsung Calendar also set up running in the background with my Outlook accounts; otherwise the Live Tile doesn't show upcoming events.

Screenshot_20200224-162920_Launcher 10.jpg

Eelcire

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
What settings exactly do I need to adjust to get the background showing with black borders surrounding the tiles? I can get it with solid color tiles, but not with a wallpaper image.

Thanks!

Edit: After poking around more I finally found it.

Launcher Preferences > Themes & Colors > Dark Theme Options (or Light Theme Options) > Background

Choose: Tile picture (experimental)

I had kept trying different slider/transparency options and wasn't having any luck there. Nice that it is an option, just really buried. I think this option might be better in the Wallpaper options as that is where I had looked initially. Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

So it appears that Microsoft is going to do without Live Tiles in Windows 10. Is Microsoft Launcher a preview of what the new Windows interface will be like?

Thanks,
Nate

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

So it appears that Microsoft is going to do without Live Tiles in Windows 10. Is Microsoft Launcher a preview of what the new Windows interface will be like?

Thanks,
Nate
Live tiles continue to work on Windows 10 -no changes I've noticed with this. Microsoft Launcher is not a preview of anything, nothing like a Windows interface; actually, in form, much like other android launchers.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Over the last couple of days my Outlook Calendar live tile (widget) does not display upcoming events. It always has and it worked just like Win10 Mobile. The tile will cycle between today's date with upcoming events to the Outlook Calendar logo. But this is not the case anymore.

The tile will show today's date but the tile is empty when I have appointments and meetings coming up later in the day. Any idea how to rid this annoying bug?

Thanks

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
How easy is it to go back and forth between launchers? Do you lose the setup/details of your current launcher if you switch to a new one? I have just switched from the 950 to a OnePlus phone, and I had always figured I would use Launcher 10 upon going to an Android system, but so far I am surprisingly liking OnePlus's Oxygen variant of Android 10. I think to only thing I really miss is not having outlook calendar notifications on the lock screen.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
How easy is it to go back and forth between launchers? Do you lose the setup/details of your current launcher if you switch to a new one? I have just switched from the 950 to a OnePlus phone, and I had always figured I would use Launcher 10 upon going to an Android system, but so far I am surprisingly liking OnePlus's Oxygen variant of Android 10. I think to only thing I really miss is not having outlook calendar notifications on the lock screen.
It's simple. Just go into settings and change your default launcher app. You can switch back and forth and the settings are retained.

Launcher 10 will even keep its settings through a factory reset and restore from backup, bit you'll have to repin any apps to the start screen that aren't built into the OS. But the icons for contacts, camera and such all standard apps come back too.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
It's simple. Just go into settings and change your default launcher app. You can switch back and forth and the settings are retained.

Launcher 10 will even keep its settings through a factory reset and restore from backup, bit you'll have to repin any apps to the start screen that aren't built into the OS. But the icons for contacts, camera and such all standard apps come back too.

OK, thanks....I might try it!

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Has anyone tried Launcher 10 with the Galaxy Z Fold 2? I cannot get it to run full screen once the phone is unfolded. Works great on the outer screen. When phone is unfolded, I get Launcher 10 on the left and I get the apps list on the right.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you try adjusting the number of start screens?
6021ffefbef2b589e41aa1d9adfa5853.jpg

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Jeff,

I did but that didn't help. However, when I changed the UI from foldable to phone, it worked. Only issue now is trying to format the screen so it doesn't just look stretched.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Is there a way to scale Launcher 10 on the main, unfolded screen of the Galaxy Fold 2? It just seems to stretched out. Any settings changes I can make?

Or am I being unreasonable given the screen ratio?

Thanks,
d8a5a42c422a00d4c014919f2b5d7640.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans