App Windows automatically resizing

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have this issue where App windows keep resizing by themselves
e.g. mail app, I size it so that each of the 3 panes shows by default. If I log out, or SP4 goes to sleep etc, and then I open the mail app, or - if already open - just click on the app icon in taskbar - it is resized to the minimum size allowed.

This happens repeatedly on multiple apps.

Any ideas what is going wrong here and what I can do?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm not real sure what your asking. There are some setting you can change that might help.:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 2

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
so i'm not in tablet mode.
Say for example I have my mail app open full screen. I would expect it to retain that size until I change it myself. However, if the machine goes to sleep, or even if I go to another desktop, and then return I find that the mail app has resized itself to be a small window on the screen. This happens repeatedly (but not all the time) across multiple apps for me such as edge etc

hope that is clearer

cheers

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! If I open my mail app and snap it or restore down, it stays that way. If I click on the mail icon on the task bar, it will open to the last size it was. When I go to another window and then click the icon in the task bar, the mail app is like it was. It does not change unless I change it I hope I have made myself clear. That's the best I can do for you!:wink: That's my understanding how this works. It yours only does it part of the time, that will be really hard to fix!:wink:

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
yup, the way you have explained is exactly how I would expect it to work but it doesn't for me. I should add that this doesn't just happen on my SP4 but also on my Lenovo envy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss