Aren't you annoyed with Gizmodo?

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Seriously.. everytime there's a positive news about Windows Phone.. they always counter it with some stupid iphone related blog. I mean who cares if iPhone doesn't surprise people anymore, why bother making a pointless article about it.

Then of course if iPhone went exclusive with ATT it was the best move ever, now Nokia does the same and it's dumb.

I like iPhone and it's not Apple that pisses me off.. it's these stupid people who think they are a journalist making bias articles and claiming they are neutral. Idiots

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
...but it is a dumb move.

Nokia is damn near bankrupt and they just cleared out over half of it's potential buyers.

on a side note: gizmondo is a pretty biased site towards the iphone (almost as bad as BGR.com)

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Seriously.. everytime there's a positive news about Windows Phone.. they always counter it with some stupid iphone related blog. I mean who cares if iPhone doesn't surprise people anymore, why bother making a pointless article about it.

Then of course if iPhone went exclusive with ATT it was the best move ever, now Nokia does the same and it's dumb.

I like iPhone and it's not Apple that pisses me off.. it's these stupid people who think they are a journalist making bias articles and claiming they are neutral. Idiots

You do realize Apple is the only manufacturer of iPhone while wp8 has multiple makes? Your argument here is almost as dumb as gizmondo. Well, gizmondo is a bit more worse. But even they get the fact that Nokia is screwing up.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No doubt Gizmodo is biased, but that doesn't turn Nokia's boneheaded decision to repeat its same, proven-failed carrier exclusivity makes any more sense than it did when it failed before with the Lumia 900 (and the N-Gage, and every other time they've tried it).

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You do realize Apple is the only manufacturer of iPhone while wp8 has multiple makes? Your argument here is almost as dumb as gizmondo. Well, gizmondo is a bit more worse. But even they get the fact that Nokia is screwing up.
@independentmove:
I was merely saying they could have been more positive with the whole WP thing. What they wrote about the exclusivity does make sense, but I'm already too pissed with the negativity.

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
...but it is a dumb move.

Nokia is damn near bankrupt and they just cleared out over half of it's potential buyers.

on a side note: gizmondo is a pretty biased site towards the iphone (almost as bad as BGR.com)

It surely IS a dumb move. I did not say it wasn't.
They should have grabbed Verizon and T if they're aiming is market.

ronclone

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
We are talking about Microsoft here, what did you expect? its a stupid move yet again...

BTW i think gizmodo is actually pretty positive towards microsoft in general, of course, first apple then microsoft.... they do dislike google though....

MethodGT

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Carrier exclusivity only makes sense to me if the carrier promises to advertise it, and advertise it heavily. I'm sure marketing was part of the exclusivity deal, but actually I'm not sure at all, since I haven't read anything about it except for the post on WPCentral. But it makes sense.
As for me and what I feel, I was already resigned to getting the 8X on T-mo, although the 920 would have been awesome.
Hopefully AT&T (as well as MS, HTC, Nokia, V, and Tmo) put out lots and lots of tv commercials and stuff. I want to see at least one WP8 commercial on each commercial break all the way till new year.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I struggle to think of a single handset in the current era that is relevant today as a result of "carrier exclusives."

(No, iPhone and Droid don't count, since they were both the EXCLUSIVE flagships of their carriers in a bygone era).

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone is a running joke in all the tech sites forums, specially the Lumia 920. This site is not representative of the general opinion, we are here because we like WP.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I think WP is a bit tragicomic in the "broader tech world." It's that beautiful actress approaching middle age, still waiting for her breakout role to propel her to the big leagues.

We're hoping she'll be a Dame Judi Dench and thrive in her later years ;)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I think WP is a bit tragicomic in the "broader tech world." It's that beautiful actress approaching middle age, still waiting for her breakout role to propel her to the big leagues.

We're hoping she'll be a Dame Judi Dench and thrive in her later years ;)

I'd settle for Dame Helen Mirren!

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Eh it really doesn't bother me. Some articles on Gizmodo are interesting but I unsubscribed from their feed a long time ago and just check once in a while.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft/Nokia basically ruined any chance Wp8 had by pulling the stunt they did in sept and now nokia further soiled the Lumia by giving att whatever exclusivity it has

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft/Nokia basically ruined any chance Wp8 had by pulling the stunt they did in sept and now nokia further soiled the Lumia by giving att whatever exclusivity it has

Oh ya, totally ruined. *rolls eyes*

Did anyone but me stop to think that maybe AT&T paid Nokia a big chunk of change for the exclusive?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone but me stop to think that maybe AT&T paid Nokia a big chunk of change for the exclusive?
Either that or promised advertising and promotion.

People need to stop pretending the 920 will sell itself, it WILL flop on ALL carriers if there is no marketing push and sales reps continue to steer consumers away from Windows Phone.

Actually, I suspect people aren't pretending that. They're just looking for reasons to give Nokia crap, even if contradictory to simple logic.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Gizmodo, Engadget, Slashgear, and Verge (former Engadget guys) have all traditionally been pro-Apple, and anti-anything else. With Android gaining in popularity some of those sites have started being more positive towards that platform. Unfortunately they all haven't warmed up to WP8 yet, but some like Engadget are starting to be a little more positive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital