AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It appears when I do speed tests it will test my download only and my upload reads out at 0.00mb/s. I cannot download pictures from text messages and the music player is laggy as **** since it was updated.

TwistedVIP

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same connection issues, but for me it's weird. Before the update I was able to have great speeds on LTE practically everywhere I went. Now at my house I'm in a complete "deadzone" with this firmware issue. I only experience this from about 4:30pm-8am. When I'm outside my neighborhood, I start to pick up more text messages throughout the night I've missed. This is frustrating and I'm planning on switching to my backup iPhone 4 until this is fixed as I've been missing calls from work, text messages, etc.

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oops I accidently send Nokia Care US 3 messages because my phone kept telling me I was loosing connection when I tried to tweet them. would like to avoid a rollback on firm ware since it did fix a few issues for me, but this is getting annoying.

sheldon h

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the issue of it telling me I am in LTE, but I had really spotty/slow network. I downloaded the Access point and set mine to AT&T LTE 1 and it seems to be A LOT better. I was ready to flash back to the previous version, but I'll see if my phone still behaves. Tested Text messages, seems to be working fine...

I live in Minneapolis

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the issue of it telling me I am in LTE, but I had really spotty/slow network. I downloaded the Access point and set mine to AT&T LTE 1 and it seems to be A LOT better. I was ready to flash back to the previous version, but I'll see if my phone still behaves. Tested Text messages, seems to be working fine...

I live in Minneapolis

I would be careful with the Access Point app. It is an app that you are not supposed to have as it is not 100% compatiable. Others have said that if you chose a setting, it will break the tethering and the only way to remove the app is to do a hard reset.

SCollinsworth

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Adding my experience to the list. I am also on AT&T in Fort Worth, TX. At home I have no issues (keep in mind I also have wifi there). At work I never had connectivity issues at all. In fact I was very pleased with the performance. After the 1308 update I started getting no signal frequently and little to no data connectivity at all when showing 3 bars with LTE. The only time the phone functions normally in my office is when it shows 4G which it usually does with 5 bars, however this is infrequent and usually shows no signal or LTE. This constant switching between no signal, LTE, and the occasional 4G btw is causing a serious drain on my phone's battery. Since AT&T has disabled the ability to limit the connection I can't force 4G or even 3G at work so that I could at least have a functioning phone (thanks for that). So how do you revert to the previous firmware, or is that even possible?

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Adding my experience to the list. I am also on AT&T in Fort Worth, TX. At home I have no issues (keep in mind I also have wifi there). At work I never had connectivity issues at all. In fact I was very pleased with the performance. After the 1308 update I started getting no signal frequently and little to no data connectivity at all when showing 3 bars with LTE. The only time the phone functions normally in my office is when it shows 4G which it usually does with 5 bars, however this is infrequent and usually shows no signal or LTE. This constant switching between no signal, LTE, and the occasional 4G btw is causing a serious drain on my phone's battery. Since AT&T has disabled the ability to limit the connection I can't force 4G or even 3G at work so that I could at least have a functioning phone (thanks for that). So how do you revert to the previous firmware, or is that even possible?

Check out the sticky in the 920 forum for fixing bricked 920's. You can use the instructions in there to go back to to the previous firmware (1249). I did it Monday and now my connectivity is great again. It requires you to erase your entire phone so back up everything before you try it. It is a little complex but the instructions are great.

sheldon h

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I would be careful with the Access Point app. It is an app that you are not supposed to have as it is not 100% compatiable. Others have said that if you chose a setting, it will break the tethering and the only way to remove the app is to do a hard reset.

Yes, I just decided to restore back to the previous update 1294. Although, during the restore process, it did install that Access Point update again.. But i'll just leave it alone.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else not have the "LTE 1, LTE 2" selection screen after the update? Mine doesn't have this but I'm not sure I want to change it either as mine seems to be hopping along just fine with zero issues.

TeeManX

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hoping to get answers here! I just called Nokia USA to gripe about my Lumia 920. Ever since the update, my connectivity has been erratic at best (something I hadn't noticed until I came across a WPCentral article), and my battery life has been... well, if I say it was atrocious, I'd be saying it was better than it actually was. To give an example: a usual day before the update meant I could run the phone for about 18 or so hours before it hit Battery Saver mode (I have the Battery Sense app that lets me monitor the usage better); nowadays, especially in the past three days, my battery has been draining so fast that it hits Battery Saver mode in six or less hours - no joke. Is anyone else having major battery issues like mine? I'm not that heavy a user of the phone.

Also, is anyone else's phone burning up when they use it? No matter what I do - call, text, tweet, Facebook, Skype, play Wordament - the phone heats up like it's the middle of July in my palms. Really annoying.

Nokia's solution? Send the phone in but I'm loathe to do that for something that seems to be a software issue...

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I just decided to restore back to the previous update 1294. Although, during the restore process, it did install that Access Point update again.. But i'll just leave it alone.

If you restore from a backup it will keep installing it since you already had it installed. Sounds like as long as you don't touch it (for now) it should not hurt anything.

MarkyBeee

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So after my phone bricked after a hard reset, Downloaded updates, particularly the Network+ one, now call waiting and call forwarding does not work. I was forwarding calls to my much more reliable iphone since 1308 is complete trash, now even that isn't working.

Kenny Chan

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hoping to get answers here! I just called Nokia USA to gripe about my Lumia 920. Ever since the update, my connectivity has been erratic at best (something I hadn't noticed until I came across a WPCentral article), and my battery life has been... well, if I say it was atrocious, I'd be saying it was better than it actually was. To give an example: a usual day before the update meant I could run the phone for about 18 or so hours before it hit Battery Saver mode (I have the Battery Sense app that lets me monitor the usage better); nowadays, especially in the past three days, my battery has been draining so fast that it hits Battery Saver mode in six or less hours - no joke. Is anyone else having major battery issues like mine? I'm not that heavy a user of the phone.

Also, is anyone else's phone burning up when they use it? No matter what I do - call, text, tweet, Facebook, Skype, play Wordament - the phone heats up like it's the middle of July in my palms. Really annoying.

Nokia's solution? Send the phone in but I'm loathe to do that for something that seems to be a software issue...

My phone has the same issue with connectivity, heat, and battery drain (it actually had a battery drain problem before the update as well). As other's have stated, there is no immediate answer from nokia/ms and the only thing the consumer can do right now is revert back to the old firmware. It's a little dumb that the consumer needs to figure out a solution for the problem created by the company. Also, as a side note, if you mention your concern about the phone getting really hot to nokia or ms, they will simply give you the generic "all our phones have been fully tested to comply with industry heat standards, etc....", also known as "you're wrong and our phones are perfect".

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So i've had issues with connectivity in two different areas with the first being at work. I believe i am rigth on the border for LTE and 4G so prior to the update and even with the 900, networks would chnage from 4g to LTE and back to 4g but consistently stayed on 4g.

When i got the lumia 920, same thing, except it woudl stay more on LTE but with low bars like 2 bars. I didn't have any issues with this phone on the network although there were switching back and forth throughout the day. Battery had been great too, i can easily make it morning to bed time with like 20-30% left.

After the update, right away at work, my connectivity struggled or didnt connect. Everytime my phone would try to switch like it use to, there would be a no signal sign in between switches, never really happened before. NOw it happens all the time so now it drains my battery and i dont receive texts or email updates. I figured it was right after the update, it would be fine, but it stay through the rest of the work day.

Now when i went home which was 20 miles away, i am in an strong LTE area and my phone had no issues with reception, connectivity, and battery drain. It worked fine. So i figured it was all good.

So then i went to vegas for 3 days, my bars would be 4 bars LTE and have no connectivity and in my hotel room, i'd get LTE and then no signal then back to LTE, but very slow or no connectivity. I'd go downstairs or outside and have 4 or 5 LTE bars and slow or no connectivity as well. Some areas were better than areas where it would work fine however.

So i return to work, i get the same issues with the flip flop and no connectivity and my battery drained like 10% per hour and it wouldn't stop even without use. So i had to charge before i left work and back it back up to 60%. So very annoyed with the data issues.

Now here is the crazy thing, once i got home my percentage was 59%, i didnt do anything different with the phone and my phone remained at 59% for about 3 hours with slight use and the signals never swapped. The phone didnt drain, worked fine and received texts and a call normally.

I think the update did something to screw up how the signal transitions from 4g to LTE especially if you are a borderline area, the phone seems to cut off signal to make the transfer, but takes a whil eto get it going. I dont think the signal bars reflect accurately the signal strength and something with the update is screwing that up. Prior to the update, no issues with receptions or battery drain.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery is horrendous after update. 5hrs. Is all I get. Someone said remove all or most live tiles and battery drain went from 11% an hr. To 1% an hr. Maybe there is a live tile bug.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Why do that when you could just post it here in this forum...

Since you linked your post it must be okay to share. If you are using the WP Central App, you can not click on links.

Here is the details from mxyztplk's post in the link provided above:
The following was reported on windowsphonefanatics.com by Mike Macias. (I have not as yet seen a direct confirmation from Nokia).

"Today I was informed by Nokia Care via email and on Twitter that they are aware of the connectivity problems with the latest Nokia Lumia 920 firmware update (1308) and a fix is on the way.

Quote:​
?We have received some consumer feedback related to the Nokia Lumia 920 firmware update and have temporarily paused delivery of the update to investigate. We?ll have more information as it becomes available. For those who have already updated their software, a new update will be available in the near future. ?​

Last edited:

sparkedfire

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Nokia overnighted me a phone so they could test mine and I noticed that Nokia did change the Radio Software with the 1308 update (the version is different after the update to 1308 from 1249). They have had my old phone most of the day and I'm sure they have a few others to test out, so hopefully we will get a resolution soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124