AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

masterore

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
MAYOR BUG ON THE MOST RECENT UPDATE FROM NOKIA 920. WHEN YOU RECEIVE A CALL (NOT SKYPE) AND YOU PUT YOUR PHONE CLOSE TO YOUR EAR (BEFORE YOU ANWER IT) AND WHILE YOU HA VEIT NEXST TO YOUR EAR AND YOU ANSWER... YOU WILL NOTICE A EXTREMELY VERY LOUD NOICE (BEFORE YOU ARE ABLE TO HEAR YOUR CALLER) THIS NOICE RESEMBALES EITHER AN M16 (MACHINE GUN) OR A FATBOY (MOTORCILE).. I TOOK THE PHONE TO THE ATT REPAIR CENTER IN MIAMI AND THE REPS WERE ALREADY AWARE OF THE BUG. THEY'VE ALSO TESTED IN FRONT ME 4 OTHER 920 WITH THE LATEST VERSION ... AND THEY ALL DO PRESENT THE SAME BUG.... what the hek!!!.... they fix something and then they screwed up something so elemental??? COME ON MS !!! AND NOKIA... YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO ISSUE THIS CRAP OF UPDATE. ATT REPS CALIM *** THERE IS NO SOLUTION FOR IT YET***

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the Access Points field in mine (or whatever it's called) and still having problems. But @NokiaCareUS has been troubleshooting with me. I'd recommend, as others have, to reach out to them via Twitter (is you're on the service). Hopefully a resolution soonish...

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Access Points field in mine (or whatever it's called) and still having problems. But @NokiaCareUS has been troubleshooting with me. I'd recommend, as others have, to reach out to them via Twitter (is you're on the service). Hopefully a resolution soonish...

I don't have Twitter, but please keep us updated. Thanks.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
MAYOR BUG ON THE MOST RECENT UPDATE FROM NOKIA 920. WHEN YOU RECEIVE A CALL (NOT SKYPE) AND YOU PUT YOUR PHONE CLOSE TO YOUR EAR (BEFORE YOU ANWER IT) AND WHILE YOU HA VEIT NEXST TO YOUR EAR AND YOU ANSWER... YOU WILL NOTICE A EXTREMELY VERY LOUD NOICE (BEFORE YOU ARE ABLE TO HEAR YOUR CALLER) THIS NOICE RESEMBALES EITHER AN M16 (MACHINE GUN) OR A FATBOY (MOTORCILE).. I TOOK THE PHONE TO THE ATT REPAIR CENTER IN MIAMI AND THE REPS WERE ALREADY AWARE OF THE BUG. THEY'VE ALSO TESTED IN FRONT ME 4 OTHER 920 WITH THE LATEST VERSION ... AND THEY ALL DO PRESENT THE SAME BUG.... what the hek!!!.... they fix something and then they screwed up something so elemental??? COME ON MS !!! AND NOKIA... YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO ISSUE THIS CRAP OF UPDATE. ATT REPS CALIM *** THERE IS NO SOLUTION FOR IT YET***

Weird. Maybe it's a bug on the keyboard, too, because this comment was really loud! ;)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

THIS DOES not happen ON MY PHONE.

cbrines

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Update on my talks with Nokia Care US... They are overnighting me a replacement phone in exchange for my current phone, which they are going to use to try and diagnose the problem. Unfortunately, it really does sound like the fix for these issues is going to take some time.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Update on my talks with Nokia Care US... They are overnighting me a replacement phone in exchange for my current phone, which they are going to use to try and diagnose the problem. Unfortunately, it really does sound like the fix for these issues is going to take some time.

Thanks for the update. Well, I have already replaced my phone with Nokia once, so I guess I could do it again. I will wait after the weekend and see if something clears up.

Let us know if your replacement does the same thing or not. If the 1308 update is not on it, are you going to update it?

cbrines

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update. Well, I have already replaced my phone with Nokia once, so I guess I could do it again. I will wait after the weekend and see if something clears up.

Let us know if your replacement does the same thing or not. If the 1308 update is not on it, are you going to update it?

They told me the phone is running the Portico update, not 1308. I will not be updating until things get ironed out.

Majin Static

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the update my 920 likes to lock up on the lock screen as in press the lock button and nothing works until I press the lock button 2 more times them I'll have access to my phone. And today I've noticed terrible data usage. Full bars of 4g yet nothing loads. Don't know if that's just ATT being shotty again or the update

mfarlow

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 SW Update 1232.5957.1308.0001 NOW Available

i'm i the only one with the update but now storage check?

Same thing here. The update went pretty smoothly, but I don't have a storage check option. I looked all the way at the bottom of the settings list, but the last item is Nokia Account.

mfarlow

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the east coast with At&T and my 920. Did the 1308 update and I do not have the storage check app. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks
Scott

I'm having the same issue, but I'm not 100% certain at this point if I have the 1308 update. I only received the phone today, and the update was waiting for me when I turned it on for the first time. The update took a few minutes, not very long. But I have no Storage Check under settings, just Phone Storage.

How do I tell if I have the update or not?

Majin Static

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, but I'm not 100% certain at this point if I have the 1308 update. I only received the phone today, and the update was waiting for me when I turned it on for the first time. The update took a few minutes, not very long. But I have no Storage Check under settings, just Phone Storage.

How do I tell if I have the update or not?

The storage check is all the way at the bottom in settings.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
OK my phone now has big problems. People have been calling me all day and they're not gitting through, when I try and call them I now can't call anyone. This isn't like the battery issue, if this isn't resolved tomorrow, I'll demand for different phone or I'll cancle my contract with att.

mfarlow

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 SW Update 1232.5957.1308.0001 NOW Available

Glad to help. For others, try restarting the phone and shut it down a couple of times. I had the same issue, apparently not as long as some of the others facing here. But it should show up.

My thanks too, I now have Storage Check option!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the connectivity issue as well as someone else I know, however after I left my house it seems to have gone away. It was consistent at my house though and basically unusable So I won't know if I'm out of the woods until I go back home. Previously before the update the LTE at my house was flawless. The other guy having the issue did not even have access point installed.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been monitoring my connection since the update and in my house I had full bars plus lte and now I have 2 bars. Its been like that since the update. Overall my cell reception had been terrible since the update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen