Battery draining rapidly after 8.1 dev preview install

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Background task is still in settings?

Tap settings >battery saver and then click usage. You will see the app icons, now tap each icon to see if it is running in the background and decide if you want it on or not. By default pretty much every app will be turned on. I turned off a majority of them and my battery drain stabilized right away :)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 battery went from full to 0 in just 5 hours. 2 hours using the phone and 3 hours just in standby and all signals turned off (WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G,NFC). the only signal is on is the location. My 1520 used to last 2 days for full charge and now just 5 hours!! Its getting very hot which indicates high battery drain.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 battery went from full to 0 in just 5 hours. 2 hours using the phone and 3 hours just in standby and all signals turned off (WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G,NFC). the only signal is on is the location. My 1520 used to last 2 days for full charge and now just 5 hours!! Its getting very hot which indicates high battery drain.

Please turn off all the background tasks.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 is dropping quicker then usual but still lasting a while. On battery saver it says the people hub is using the most background battery but i can't stop it??

Arne Burghouts

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Turning off Wifi Sence helped for me.. With wifi sence on, it constanly is looking for free hotspots.. its also the wifi attena that is running hot i think..

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Turned off most of my apps that are running in the background. My largest battery consumer is whatsapp then cortana phone gets really hot when using cortana

K3n1x

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had my battery drained from 90% to 30% in half an hour today. I thought it was odd so I restarted my phone and my battery went back up to 85%.
I'm thinking Battery Sense is buggy or it's not calibrate properly with my phone L925. Maybe Nokia update is needed for it to work properly?

Beach_man

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
After install on my Lumia 1520 the battery drains rapidly and the phone gets hot even when it's locked. The battery saver tells IE is in top and the drain is NOT in suspended mode. That doesn't say anything because IE is the app I use 98% of the active time, so of course it is in top. Is there a way to see what app/process that is using current CPU like task manager in windows?

sagara0510

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
do any of your camera apps work? is the phone hot around the camera lens?

i discovered that my camera apps (default and nokia cam) weren't working and the back of the phone was really hot around the camera. the battery would last 2-3 hours at most and the phone was always consistently hot even though i wasn't using it.

I eventually had to give up on wp8.1 and go back to wp8.

this solved my problems with the battery/heat and camera issues

rankachmiari

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to do a soft reset? worked for me. L820. idle 1% in 5 hours , checking email and morning routine another 1/2%. yesterday only with unlock 2-4% gone and the phone was hotter then normally...

Beach_man

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
do any of your camera apps work? is the phone hot around the camera lens?

i discovered that my camera apps (default and nokia cam) weren't working and the back of the phone was really hot around the camera. the battery would last 2-3 hours at most and the phone was always consistently hot even though i wasn't using it.

I eventually had to give up on wp8.1 and go back to wp8.

this solved my problems with the battery/heat and camera issues

Yeah, mine also gets hot around the camera, but both the built in and Nokia camera app seems to work OK on my 1520.

kainthjaskaran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Im using NL720. Had the same battery drain issue.
On WP8, my daily usage was 2-3% with WiFi/Location on all the time. Now it was rocketing around 10% under same usage settings.
I tried all by turning every relevant app off in battery saver. But nothing stopped the drain.
At last, when I turned the Battery Saver itself off, everything went back to the way it was with WP8
WP8.1 rules the day now!!

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is gradually improving. Now that Cortana knows me better than she did before, all app data is transferred and apps are installed, my phone is starting to relax a little, in a good way.

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Huge battery drain over here too on my 1520. For the first time since I've owned the phone, it died halfway through my workday yesterday. I've never, ever had the phone die the same day, let alone at 2pm in the afternoon. Granted, I play with it a bit more now with the 8.1 preview installed, but not so much screen time that it would make a big difference.

Biggest offenders for me in the battery saver app were Internet Explorer, Facebook, WeChat and Cortana. None of which I will be willing to disable! Oh well, hoping things improve.

Today, I'm going to try killing off LTE and staying on 3G (since I'm usually on WiFi anyhow). We'll see if that helps at all. That's something I could actually live with. But disabling Cortana?! No way! She's been telling me jokes all morning :)

-Collin-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)