Bricked HTC 8x?

shanecarvalho

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I attempted to update the htc 8x to the dev preview. The initial download and installation seemed fine, but it refused to turn back on after the reboot attempt.
Now, it does not even turn on the charging light indicator when plugged in.

I tried some of the button combinations in order to bring it back to life with no success. I even left it plugged in to the charger over night to see if that would help - nope.
Plugging the device into computer identifies it as a "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".

I am all out of ideas at the moment... any thoughts guys?

Yann Mathieu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Same problem happened to me today. After updating the phone to 8.1on start-up it got stuck on the HTC starting screen for 30 minutes before I tried to reboot. But I cannot even get to the ! screen. I have no idea of what to do now the phone keep displaying the HTC start screen. I can only go to flash mode by pressing + and - volume button on reboot but cannot do anything from there.

Need help too.:crying:

jd98

May 18, 2014
Visit site
same situation here....
bricked 8x after doing the 8.1 update...
looping in the boot sequence, can only get to the bootloader screen using up/down vol at same time during boot...
its hosed, and there is no way to revert to 8.0 from everything ive read...
This is pissweak by both HTC & MS... :eck::straight::devil:

Thelosouvlakia

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you can fix this without paying an authorized HTC repair shop.
I know that nokia has a recovery suite, I've never heard something similar from the HTC side

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can fix this without paying an authorized HTC repair shop.
I know that nokia has a recovery suite, I've never heard something similar from the HTC side

I had to do the same thing with my ATIV S when I used the GDR3 developer preview and it had the factory reset flash memory partition bug. Dropped it into a Samsung repair centre and it took 10 days until I got it back fixed, if the device is still in warranty then an authorised repair centre is your best bet.

If not then XDA is a good option as they sometimes have the RUU (ROM Update Utility) available from HTC for your version of the 8X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith