BT Audio Hands Free, Low volume on text notifications.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the BT Audio on WP. I have a hands free setup in my car which I use for taking calls and for listening to music from my 925, it all works great.
However when I receive a text msg and the phone alerts me and reads out who the text is from and if I want to "read it" and "reply", that audio is extremely low. Is there a way to fix that?
Because the music, notifications and call audio is plenty loud enough. It's just when it's reading texts, and I'm not sure if it's an issue with my hands free system or something I need to change on the phone somewhere.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The volume control for the text message voice is the same as your normal notification sounds (the 0-30 scale), not the voice (0-10 scale). I love the feature, *hate* the fact that the spoken texts use the phone volume, not the call volume. Turn your phone up to 15-20, then get someone to send you a text. It'll be considerably louder.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I turn the phone all the way up when connected to my BT in the car. I control the volume with the car stereo. If you change the volume of the phone while it is BT connected, it will revert to the setting you had without BT when you disconnect, and it will remember and turn back up when connected to the BT again, so it is pretty automatic once you set it. The only caveat is that if you turn it all the way up, you'll occasionally get the warning not to play music too loud, when it turns down by itself and you'll have to turn it back up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo