Buy Lumia 925 in June or wait for EOS?

alpha10

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I really like Lumia 925, I want a thin design with a good camera, should I just buy it next month or should I wait for EOS, which should be announced in the summer?

alpha10

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but think of it, announced in the summer, it will not be available to buy before sometime in the fall or winter even.....that's a long time to wait.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I still think EOS will need GDR3 update and so come somewhere in Q4. Nokia World (taking place somewhere around September) would once again be perfect place to announce new flagship.

That said I'm in a same trouble as you. I will likely end up buying EOS anyways, but i'm just wondering will I get Lumia 925 while I wait.

Tommy Nielsen

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
we don't know for sure if there'll ever be an EOS model. It's rumours and speculations....

I'd say go for the 925. The camera quality looks awesome!

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
And if Nokia stays with their exclusive deal with ATT in the US, does that mean Verizon and T-Mobile will always be 6 months late with a variant?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I always say, the sooner you upgrade your phone, the sooner you can upgrade to the next one. VZN and ATT are pretty good about giving early upgrades to their customers. ATT always allows me to upgrade after 18 months.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to assume the OP is either a T-Mobile (or ATT??) customer. Lumia 925 will be the latest and greatest when it's available in a few more weeks. In that sense, get that. I know I don't like when I get something and then regret it later because I didn't wait for the next release - I didn't react that way when I got my iPhone 4 in summer 2011 and I'm not reacting that way now, having just gotten a Lumia 920 the other week.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For my wife - she wants a thin light phone with a good camera - the Lumia 925 will work for her (she may be interested in the 928 for its Xenon flash capability and with Amber update...the edge may goto the 928...)
For me - i value the camera performance more than the physical size/thickness. I own a Nokia N8 and the Nokia Pureview 808. I want an upgrade from the 808... So i will wait for the EOS.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You don?t know if EOS is coming at all. Just buy now, you can sell it afterwards.

But if he already owns N8 and 808PV, why should he upgrade to anything else than something like the EOS is rumored to be? If he indeed appreciates the camera performance you can't really get better than N8, not to talk about 808PV.

JustToClarify

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
if he wants to try WP he can buy 520 and use it parallel with 808

EOS will not come before 2014 and who knows how it will look&work even then

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If I can find a 32GB I might give the 925 a go. Ideally I would love the EOS though. Have been thinking of getting a HTC one as well interested to see how well it competes with my 920.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for EOS, since I'm not currently eligible for an upgrade. I will probably be eligible for an upgrade around the time that EOS is released.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
925 as an appetizer. EoS will be the main course, when available. I can't wait for either devices.

Last edited:

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
For Me, EOS for sure. Personally I like the metal on the catwalk but all in all I don't think think it looks great, and the lack of built in wireless charging is a deal breaker. Please Nokia, make the EOS smooth and beautiful like the 920 and made entirely from metal (or almost), and build in wireless charging, that's all I want.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
For Me, EOS for sure. Personally I like the metal on the catwalk but all in all I don't think think it looks great, and the lack of built in wireless charging is a deal breaker. Please Nokia, make the EOS smooth and beautiful like the 920 and made entirely from metal (or almost), and build in wireless charging, that's all I want.
Making it all metal, combining it with by far largest mobile phone sensor and topping it with wireless charging will make the device damn heavy. If some people thought Lumia 920 was heavy and it became a thing...

Also depending on what you mean by smooth, the back just can't be smooth on EOS like on 920. On 808 PureView the camera protrudes around 5mm from the body of the phone.
alku_808_kuva_jep.jpg

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
if he wants to try WP he can buy 520 and use it parallel with 808

EOS will not come before 2014 and who knows how it will look&work even then

Actually there's a new rumor from Mary Jo about EOS being available this summer. I'm thinking it'll be later this year but if it's true, it's more likely to be announced around summer then sold fall/winter.

Personally I'm excited about both the 925 & EOS. Going to be a great year from NokNok.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
we don't know for sure if there'll ever be an EOS model. It's rumours and speculations....

You don?t know if EOS is coming at all. Just buy now, you can sell it afterwards.

Sooooo...you don't think Nokia will ever make another phone? The EOS WILL be Nokia's next flagship. Now, the specs are still rumors and speculation, and will it be what they SAY it should be (mainly, 41MP)? That is the part about which we have no idea.

I agree with those that are saying the poll depends on what you currently have! If you have an L920, there is no need to upgrade, just wait it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel