Can't seem to connect, not speaking

ben jada

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have Cortana installed but when I open it and say something she will find me answers using bing...she doesn't speak also if i go to setting to set my interests and so on i get this message : " I can't seem to connect right now. Try again in a little bit."....
Help me out

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
A little bit of specificity might help. Does it only happen when you speak to her, or also when you're typing? Are you using your mobile data or Wi-Fi?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have Cortana installed but when I open it and say something she will find me answers using bing...she doesn't speak also if i go to setting to set my interests and so on i get this message : " I can't seem to connect right now. Try again in a little bit."....
Help me out

Happened to me once when I was on WiFi but after disconnecting and restarting it was fixed.

ben jada

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I turned wifi off, did a restart and same problem no matter if i speak to her or if i type it wont speak it gives me answers using bing and also if i go in settings to pick my interest or so it gives me that error...
wp_ss_20140421_0002[1].png
wp_ss_20140421_0003[1].png

ULTRA_NUUB

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Also having the same problem, only have access to wifi on the device(lumia 920). wont respond to spoken or typed requests, soft reset does nothing.
just one quick question, if i factory reset it , will it revert to wp8 or will everything be wiped and reset to the 8.1 preview?.

mrf430

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Youll get the 8.1 preview again (will not revert to 8.0), hope it works for you, I did a hard reset to address another issue and now Cortana takes over 40 seconds to respond to a simple question! :/

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue, as well. It started happening one day seemingly out of the blue. After wracking my brain to recall what I had done I remembered that I had unchecked "camera shutter" under sounds in the settings. For some reason, enabling this again restored Cortana's voice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05