Chrome no longer working properly on Creators Update

Paul Alba

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem and disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available" on Chrome advanced settings solved the issue for me. Thanks!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Here is the fix. I had the issue. I reinstalled Win 10 Creators Update from scratch and still had it. "Left Click “Choose what the power buttons do” option and hit the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” button.
Now, simply uncheck “Turn on fast startup” and restart your computer."
I didn't even have to restart and it worked.

Creators Update breaks Windowed G-sync; here is the fix!

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? G-sync isn't Google related. Plus my graphics card is Intel not NVidia.

broncop3t3

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
You are correct. Once I rebooted I had the same issue. I unchecked the hardware acceleration option and that was the real fix. I am not sure why it appeared to work when I used the G-sync tip. Unchecking hardware acceleration was the key.

Zaelnorth

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
You are correct. Once I rebooted I had the same issue. I unchecked the hardware acceleration option and that was the real fix. I am not sure why it appeared to work when I used the G-sync tip. Unchecking hardware acceleration was the key.

I tried to disable the HW acceleration, but that only worked until the next restart.

The real fix for me was to uninstall the Intel Proset/Wireless drivers via Control Panel. Somehow the Intel and Windows drivers were fighting.

Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamedi