Cyan releases for Belgium and Netherlands

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I tried to update to Cyan OTA but the installation of the update stopped at 96% and gave me the following error: 80188309
Because I couldn't wait for Microsoft to fix it, today I tried using Nokia Recovery Tool and it worked.
Good luck.
sLeUToT.jpg

Last edited:

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Was you on Dp 8.1?
I?ve got also the update on Nokia recovery tool but i?m not sure if i can upgrade, i?m on dp 8.1 update 1

I was on Dev Preview but this gets removed when using the Recovery Tool.
When Cyan is installed you can just re-enable Dev Preview and you'll get the latest updates again.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It is noteworthy though, that using the recovery tool is NOT an actual update. Update means, that you keep your data and whatnot. In case of the recovery tool you're flashing your device with the latest OS/firmware, hence losing everything that is not part of the OS backup (like app/game settings, save games/game progress)..

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It is noteworthy though, that using the recovery tool is NOT an actual update. Update means, that you keep your data and whatnot. In case of the recovery tool you're flashing your device with the latest OS/firmware, hence losing everything that is not part of the OS backup (like app/game settings, save games/game progress)..

Sorry for not being clear enough.
The update is released OTA and will be downloaded to the device but upon installing the update it wil stop at 96% and throw the following error: 80188309

Dive Master

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, via OTA i can?t get the update, only recoveru tool but i don?t want to lose data.. if i unchek dp, can i get the ota update?
Thanks in advance.

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, via OTA i can?t get the update, only recoveru tool but i don?t want to lose data.. if i unchek dp, can i get the ota update?
Thanks in advance.

Unchecking the checkbox in the app will not remove the already installed update(s).
You'll have to wait for the update to be released for people who have the Dev Preview installed.

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
zelfde probleem hier 80188309 zolang wachten en dan heb je het nog niet.... kom er wel een oplossing voor dit probleem ??

Geen idee wanneer ze dit probleem zullen oplossen, dit probleem kwam ook voor in april met de 8.1 Dev Preview.
Als je geen probleem hebt met het verliezen van data (voortgang in spellen en instellingen van applicaties) of echt niet kan wachten kan je de Nokia Recovery Tool gebruiken.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Geen idee wanneer ze dit probleem zullen oplossen, dit probleem kwam ook voor in april met de 8.1 Dev Preview.
Als je geen probleem hebt met het verliezen van data (voortgang in spellen en instellingen van applicaties) of echt niet kan wachten kan je de Nokia Recovery Tool gebruiken.

It should be noted though that Microsoft has indeed already fixed the Bitlocker issue and flicked the switch to roll out the update to those on DP. Now it's up to carriers to deliver.

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It should be noted though that Microsoft has indeed already fixed the Bitlocker issue and flicked the switch to roll out the update to those on DP. Now it's up to carriers to deliver.

This problem shouln't have anything to do with the BitLocker issue because the update does get downloaded to the device which in my case didn't have BitLocker enabled and also didn't have Dev Preview installed.

jemaho

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone via NSRT today! So far so good, except in the Store! It doesn't see my applications and, strange behaviour, when clicking on search in the store, there's a 2-3 secs lag before the actual search page appears! My brother's 820 doesn't suffer from this!
Anyone else experiencing this lag?

Maxim Van Damme

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone via NSRT today! So far so good, except in the Store! It doesn't see my applications and, strange behaviour, when clicking on search in the store, there's a 2-3 secs lag before the actual search page appears! My brother's 820 doesn't suffer from this!
Anyone else experiencing this lag?

No, mine loads instantly.
Have you tried resetting the phone?

jemaho

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
yup, already did a hard reset, strangely I had this bug too on the 8.1 DP too, could it be language related, using french belgium here.

jemaho

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Found out what it was causing the lagging. Had a few xaps/appx located on my sd card and the store was reading the card. Removed the xaps/appx from the card, no lag anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf