Different colour Soft Cover?

Core2uu

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So, I couldn't wait any longer and picked up a black 900 a couple of days ago (Rogers doesn't carry the cyan or white models yet). What I'm wondering is, how would a cyan soft cover look on it? Does anyone have a soft cover that's a different colour than their phone's? If I get the impression it looks ugly, I'll just grab a black soft cover.

Core2uu

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a cyan phone with the pink silicone cover. Actually looks pretty good.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Hmm, I can see how pink on blue wouldn't look too bad but I'm not sure about cyan on black... meh, I'll go ahead and order it. If it somehow looks awful, I can always get the black I suppose.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
A lot of people are getting the black for just that reason. When you cover the Black Lumia with a skin it changes the color and you don't have any color change in the gaps. Some say it looks nicer than covering a Cyan Lumia with a Black gel skin for example.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep, looking forward to getting a cyan gel case for my black L900, when I can actually find one. Can switch out between the that and the black gel case currently cuddling my phone.

Would also like to see some different colors like maybe a dark red, bright green, etc. Can make a whole collection. Easy enough to slip on and off. Using the AT&T branded gel skin. Thin and very pliable.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Core2uu

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people are getting the black for just that reason. When you cover the Black Lumia with a skin it changes the color and you don't have any color change in the gaps. Some say it looks nicer than covering a Cyan Lumia with a Black gel skin for example.

Ah, so the soft cover should in practice, cover the entire phone (save buttons and the camera) and essentially make a black 900 look exactly like a cyan 900?

Yep, looking forward to getting a cyan gel case for my black L900, when I can actually find one. Can switch out between the that and the black gel case currently cuddling my phone.

Would also like to see some different colors like maybe a dark red, bright green, etc. Can make a whole collection. Easy enough to slip on and off. Using the AT&T branded gel skin. Thin and very pliable.

I don't know where you live but in Canada, it's available online from GOCELLULAR and EXPANSYS.
Nokia Soft Cover Sleeve Case Black for Lumia 900 // GOCELLULAR.ca
Accessories > Cases & Covers Listings (Page 7) - EXPANSYS Canada

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The parts that show through are the speaker grill. The black looks just fine showing through, IMO. Better to my eyes than the blue showing through when you put a black case on a cyan phone.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Unless my case (at&t/nokia gel case) just doesn't fit correctly, there is also a thin strip all the way around the screen that shows as well. Therefore, a black case on blue phone will have a blue line around the screen, in addition to the speaker grill and USB plug.
My opinion, i would prefer a black phone with different colored cases. The strip around the phone will hardly be noticeable, if at all.

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the pink cover on my black lumia (before i returned it for the white one) and it looked great. Fit like a second skin, partly due to the screen on the 900 being raised. I got another third party deep red (preferred color) skin and the fit doesn't have the same customize, perfectly-tailored effect, for obvious reasons

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't want to my black one in a case every day but I am planning to get the ATT cyan gel case to use when I travel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo