Do multiple tabs in IE refresh when you switch?

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

Since Lumia 930 and Lumia Icon are very similar, I was wondering if you keep 5 tabs open in IE and keep switching between them, do they refresh?

I often keep multiple tabs open and read them without Internet connection, so I was wondering how that would work.

I know WP8.1 may change things but I think it is unlikely..

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
With windows phone 8.1 , they removed 6 tab limitation , meaning you can open as much tab you want (but if you do so you will have to deal with age refresh since memory can not store them for long time ) , yes lumia icon and 930 both have 2GB of ram which is more than enough to handle tabs

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
With windows phone 8.1 , they removed 6 tab limitation , meaning you can open as much tab you want (but if you do so you will have to deal with age refresh since memory can not store them for long time ) , yes lumia icon and 930 both have 2GB of ram which is more than enough to handle tabs

My point was, if I open 5 tabs, keep them open for 6 hours (basically for a long time), and then come back, will all of them be open or will they have to refresh and load again?

I open around 5 news tabs every day and then reopen those tabs a couple of hours later without Internet connection, so will they stay in cache (memory) or will they have to reload?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My point was, if I open 5 tabs, keep them open for 6 hours (basically for a long time), and then come back, will all of them be open or will they have to refresh and load again?

I open around 5 news tabs every day and then reopen those tabs a couple of hours later without Internet connection, so will they stay in cache (memory) or will they have to reload?

It will depend on how you use phone after opening the tabs , if you play games (like asphalt 8 , halo ) they require memory so they will suspend/erase memory from internet explorer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaledOlavive