Error 801882d1 trying to update Lumia 920 to WP8.1

FranJaDiNi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, its my sixth try to update mi Lumia 920 to WP8.1 but it always get stuck in 94% and shows error 801882d1.

I have restarted my phone and I have 7Gb of free space. I am in Colombia.

BlMLy4gIUAAYbzZ.jpg

Thanks for your help.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
try to do a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button at the same until your phone vibrates and reboot itself (this wont delete any of your phone data ).

FranJaDiNi

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Well this works for me:

I used the Nokia Recovery tool Support - - Nokia - USA to install Windows Phone GDR3 and Lumia Black then, I also use a diferent Wi-Fi Network, I dont really know which one works, I suggest try first using a home Wi-Fi network.

I am using Windows Phone 8.1 now.

sree113

Banned
Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean updating through nokia recovery tool.. I have that software in my pc. And i have already installed GDR3 two months ago...

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I also have this error but have managed to upgrade to 8.1. Perform a soft reset connect to a high-speed Wi-Fi then sync your accounts before you hit download. I think this a server timeout error.

sree113

Banned
Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It is due to server time out error. I updated to 8.1 by turning of Wi-Fi between downloading and again resuming it. Turned of the wifi at 50% and,again at 65 and continued doing so till reaching 90%. Resetting won't help. Try to download at night.

rakiBoi

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have same problem when I update Cyan to Denim ... Error Code 8018821d after downloading update at 3%... i use wifi connection coz when i try using mobile data it said connect to wifi to download update.. i thought I have an Option to download update. (Wifi or Mobile Data?)..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This error you get if "something went wrong during install"
Restarting usually resolves that error, but here's a couple other things to try. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Internet Explorer -> Delete History. When that finishes, do a soft reset with Power and Volume Down. After it's back on, go to Settings -> Date+Time, and turn off Update Automatically and make sure it's set correctly check. Check if you have sufficient free and then try the update again.
You need a stable wifi and because the update is more than 100 mb you can not use data (wifi only)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb