Existing camera roll pictures won't sync to skydrive (WP8)

Tony Morse

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC 8x (WP8) using WiFi connection.

1. I had syncing turned off.
2. I took about 30 pictures.
3. I then turned on syncing.
4. Existing pictures did not sync, only new pictures, taken after that point, will sync.
5. I tried uploading them manually, but they are saved to a different folder on skydrive "Mobile Uploads".
6. Now, a new folder called "Mobile Uploads" appears on my phone, with duplicate copies of all the photos i just uploaded (i assume duplicating the hard drive space as well).
7. I tried deleting a picture from Camera Roll and it did not delete from "Moble Uploads" folder in skydrive (which is what i would expect).
8. I deleted a picture from Camera Roll which was in the "Camera Roll" folder in skydrive, and that did not delete there either (i would not expect this behavior).

I expect the folder Camera Roll to sync to skydrive folder "Camera Roll", so that if i delete (or add) a picture in either place it will affect the other.

Am I wrong in my expectations?

Thanks.

Kunal Nanda

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having exactly the same issue. This is really annoying as I don't want to use my data connection to upload images/videos.I switch off my Data connection when I don't use it and really connect using my home wi-fi.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just go online or into your Skydrive folder on your computer and cut and paste the photos you want to be in the camera roll

EddieXx

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Great... Im having the same problem. Cutting and paste is not a solution to this.

Another pretty annoying thing is that the script on this page makes the keyboard on my Lumia to go and hide so I had to write this on the note app.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Great... Im having the same problem. Cutting and paste is not a solution to this.

Another pretty annoying thing is that the script on this page makes the keyboard on my Lumia to go and hide so I had to write this on the note app.

This is so incredibly frustrating it's almost comical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss