Facebook contact picture not updating

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I did a search on this but didn't find anything that has resolved this for me yet. I am noticing that for contacts for which I've selected the Facebook picture as the contact picture, it is not updating in a timely fashion, and for some contacts, not at all. For example, even when I initially configured my phone, the Facebook picture it was showing as the option for my wife was one that she hasn't used for several weeks. For other contacts, I see it updates, but there is a delay of at least several days before the update is reflected on my phone.

I tried removing my Facebook account from the phone, soft-resetting, re-adding my Facebook account, soft-resetting, and notice no change in behavior.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

altimax

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Try clicking on the People tile where all your contacts are, go into settings, and scroll all the way down to the bottom where it tells you what accounts you have linked on your phone. Long press your Facebook account and a menu should pop up that says sync or delete. Click sync and it should update everything. Hope this helps!

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Try clicking on the People tile where all your contacts are, go into settings, and scroll all the way down to the bottom where it tells you what accounts you have linked on your phone. Long press your Facebook account and a menu should pop up that says sync or delete. Click sync and it should update everything. Hope this helps!

unforunately, it didnt Help, same specific person still has The same old picture

mike_shenoda

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi ;
I Have A Problem With Wp8 My Profile Picture And Some Of My Contacts profile picture not synchronized with their facebook profile picture, instead it shows one of their old facebook picture , after digging I discovered that what actually showing is the cover picture of PROFILE PICTURE ALBUM in facebook , so if the contact choose some old profile picture he used to have it will not be used instead the latest one (album cover picture of PROFILE PICTURE ALBUM) Will be used.

I Hope You Find This Helpful Seeking A Solution For This Bug,
Thanks for your help.

IAMPS3

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Sure enough... that's it. I had my wife update her profile picture to one she'd never used before which forced an update to the "cover page" of the album at which point my phone finally updated within a few seconds. Nice bug.

Thanks!
Paul

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi ;
I Have A Problem With Wp8 My Profile Picture And Some Of My Contacts profile picture not synchronized with their facebook profile picture, instead it shows one of their old facebook picture , after digging I discovered that what actually showing is the cover picture of PROFILE PICTURE ALBUM in facebook , so if the contact choose some old profile picture he used to have it will not be used instead the latest one (album cover picture of PROFILE PICTURE ALBUM) Will be used.

Thanks for your help.

YES. That's it. This is the base of problem. Contact's facebook profile pic updates with the latest profile picture he/she uploaded, NOT the current profile pic. %100 sure about that.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi ;

Thanks for your help.
How do I change the cover photo for my Profile album in FB? I uploaded a new photo, selected it as my Profile photo, it shows as my profile photo on FB, but not on my Me tile. When I look at my FB phtoto albums, my previous profile photo shows as the cover photo for the Profile album. How do I change that?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How do I change the cover photo for my Profile album in FB? I uploaded a new photo, selected it as my Profile photo, it shows as my profile photo on FB, but not on my Me tile. When I look at my FB phtoto albums, my previous profile photo shows as the cover photo for the Profile album. How do I change that?

To answer my own question, my daughter tells me FB does not have a setting to allow a user to set or change an album's cover photo. I knew the setting used to be there, but apparently no longer. And at least with respect to my ME tile, my most recent profile photo in my profile album is not being displayed as my photo on my ME tile.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I just solved this. Log into outlook.com Click on the down arrow beside the word outlook in the top left. Choose people. There will be a gray box that says "Add people to your contact list". Choose facebook. It updates them quickly.

Edit: Scratch that, the changes didn't hit my phone:/

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been on GDR3 since its launch day. After fiddling with it for a day, I decided to do a hard reset and setup as a new phone. To my surprise, the Me tile updated with the latest profile picture I had in FB. This wasn't the case on GDR2.

For everyone's info, I only backed up and restored my Pictures and Music. After hard reset, GDR3 is still there. Did not restore backup from my Microsoft account during setup. Installed all the apps and Nokia updates available using Sysapp Pusher after the hard reset. Other storage remains as the same. I'm using Lumia 1020 for this feedback.

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk

OrientTom

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone found a solution yet? Have changed profile picture on facebook but this has still not updated the profile picture album cover. Have also reverted back to the old "'stuck'" profile picture and then to the new one and still didnt update. Help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb