GDR3 (Update 3) Features & Information

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR3 Features & Information

Quick question about the new storage controls-- how exactly does the deleting temporary files work? It keeps saying that it runs in the background, but when I leave and go back, it looks the same as if I never hit the button and the amount of temporary files is untouched. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Built in camera 8MP in my Lumia 810 now has a 3200 ISO limit when set to AUTO even tho' in manual settings the limit is ISO 800
I took several pictures and downloaded them to my PC then looking in properties and then details one was ISO 1000, and one ISO 3200.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

What is the OS version #? I've updated and mine ends in .78 and not .142, and when I hit check for updates, it says my phone us up to date.

Thanks!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

The problem he is mentioning is in the phone app, check off international assist

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
its turned off for me but still none of my contacts are displayed. Even after receiving call whe i opn history see number, not name. But if i open contacts app, and then open history again, name shown :(

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

One fix in GDR3:

You can now use slower memory cards. I have a crappy low-class SD Card on my ATIV S. Before GDR3 I couldn't use the SD card for photo/v?deo storage because it was too slow, v?deos wouldn't play correctly and photos took a few seconds to save.

With GDR3 there's no more lag, everything works just as fast as using the internal memory. :wink:

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Any one has a bit of other page showing since gdr3? On every app a bit of the next page is showing any Ideas?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Any one has a bit of other page showing since gdr3? On every app a bit of the next page is showing any Ideas?

several apps are designed to show a bit of the page that's to the right. It gives a hint to the user that there's more to look at.
Posting Screenshots would help.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I have a Lumia 920 on AT&T & I've updated to GDR3. I've encountered NO issues (other than the notification tone when done wireless charging).

- When you take an update, a good practice would be to reboot the phone - even after it's automatically rebooted.
- If you have a Nokia phone, you can fallback using NSU for Retail - go back to GDR2 (or whatever is current).
- and, we'll assume you've done a backup before the upgrade !

As with anything, different configurations (diff apps installed) may affect the upgrade. I'm very happy with the 'X' to close apps, driving mode, flip to silence, custom tones for SMS & the overall re-invigorating of the phone (this may be from the upgrade, not a part of GDR3 - upgrade reconfigures your OS, much like hard reset, re-install all your apps, etc.) effectively a defrag / re-install. Only time will tell.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site

Just some information on switching devices. I have GDR3 on a 928 and switched to a new 928. When it asked to restore from my backup, it restored accounts and texts, but it did NOT restore my apps. I had to update the new phone to GDR3, reset it, and then it picked up my apps from the backup.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

More information came out about Lumia Black today - it's going to improve the camera algorithms focusing especially on the 1020.

Nokia has been very consistent with taking camera tech for future phones and applying them to devices already on the market. Case in point, new algorithms has been developed for the Lumia 1020 that will come when Lumia Black ships. The algorithms center on the oversampling magic that Nokia uses when making images from the 41 megapixels on the Lumia 1020. You’ll see improvements in how your Lumia 1020 handles tone mapping and noise filtering. These algorithms have basically been built from the ground up and Juha tells us your Lumia 1020 will feel like a new device when you get Lumia Black. He was most proud of how they’ve improved the noise results in the Lumia 1020. Your pictures will look much more natural.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just found out that some emoticons from facebook (e.g. the thumbs up) is displayed as one of these microsoft-made thumbs in both toasts and messaging app. It used to look like this before: "(y)"

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So my speakerphone/music/etc has started working again with GDR3. Dunno if it was an update or if the glitch just cleared up on its own. Either way, yay!

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

In my mind, honestly, AMOLED screen technology should be required for an OS that deliberately uses so much black space.

No thanks. As appealing as certain aspects of AMOLED are, I don't need the risk of burn-in and shorter lifespan for blue sub-pixels. Also, there are scenarios in which AMOLED draws significantly more power than backlit LCD displays. As it stands, battery drain between the two kinds of displays isn't significantly different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb