Goodbye Everyone

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still sticking to my Lumia 1520, had to replace the screen and the battery, and had to live with a non genuine battery that doesn't charge to 100% but the phone still lasts more than 2 days on a single charge. I'm not giving up Windows Phone yet.
I have an iPhone as a work phone for over 2 years now but could never get used to it. Yes it has many apps I'm very much interested in, but other than that the OS is so boring and feels crippled in many ways compared to what WP can do and how it feels.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Well the end is near, although a die-hard WP fan, I almost dont have a choice. I still have my Lumia 930 and 950XL, but it looks like I will be going after iPhone Xr. Everything is open, even my staying with WP, but I think that is highly unlikely. One thing is certain, I won't go Android - fact!

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I came from Android to Lumia 950 XL Windows 10 mobile and when Microsoft let us all down I went back to an Android Samsung galaxy S8 phone. I am very pleased with my Samsung galaxy S8 phone and the flexibility of the Android system. I would find it very difficult to return to a Win 10 mobile system as it is right now.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, all good things must come to an end, and yesterday my being one with the best Windows phone ever (I would say the best device ever) has come to an abrupt end. My wife dropped it, and despite being in a protective case, with a protective glass on its screen, it just died. The screen broke, and the device itself is D-E-A-D.
The fell was a pretty bad one.
The next phone for me will be an iPhone Xr.
Death to Android.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
And I sank deeper into WM wilderness

Microsoft's updates had "zombied" my already aging L1020. Critically, my most desired trait, its camera, had lost speed and reliability due to the security updates issued since January 2018. The rest of its desired traits, work apps stuff, was also badly affected. So, WM issues forced me to look elsewhere.

Yet, after trying the iPhone SX Max and the XR for a few days, instead I am "only" moving from my L1020 to a brand new 950XL (just received). (BTW, Android was not an option.)

Brain damaged? As it happens, the darn old L1020's camera is still capable of sometimes beating the XS Max's. (Ok, if one has the time, patience and "manual mode skills" for the type of photography I like.)

Then, I remembered the 950XL. It has a very decent camera and "acceptable" apps speed...PLUS, I can still carry the L1020 for the "very special shots". So, I am a happy camper, still in the WM [endangered] wilderness.

My wife is a happier camper, I guess. She kept the XR for herself, hooked by its charms vs her old Lumia 650. Can't say I blame her, and hey, I get yet another set of phone/camera options!

Last edited:

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: And I sank deeper into WM wilderness

Where did you find a new 950XL ? I would love to pick up a new spare 950XL. Enjoy your early Christmas present :)

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
eBay Seller: istore_trade88 Desc: Microsoft Nokia Lumia 950 XL 32GB (RM-1116) Dual Sim 5.7'' 20MP Windows Phone 10

Good hunting and Happy Holidays!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria