Green screen after replacement

ssimlai

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi Sirs

I dropped my dual SIM phone and the glass broke. Worked fine till after a few weeks the glass pieces started injuring my fingers so I thought of replacing the LCD assembly. Based on another post on this forum I bought a digitizer LCD assembly from Rounded in Netherlands.

After I completed the replacement (successfully in my naive opinion), I switched on the phone, to find that the phone did work but the screen was all green and white, obscuring the main display. Calls came, SMSs came but I am unable to use the phone. Very frustrating, that too after having spent a whole lot of money in importing the digitizer.

I redid the whole thing, but no change. I then reverted back to the old working screen but then too the screen remained green as the new one, so in short, I now do not have the original phone in a working condition.

What am I doing wrong here? If the display is defective, why did the old screen not work after I reverted back to it? In any case, if I have to send it back to rounded.com, it will cost be another few hundred dollars at least. So I thought of first trying to see if friends at windowscentral could help.

Kind regards and a lot of thanks in anticipation.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I hate to say this, BUT it sounds like you may have damaged something during the replacement process. Perhaps the ribbon cable connecting the display to the motherboard?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro