GsmArena's review of WP 8.1: We didn't do our homework properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I am not looking for an idea of something I am already knowledgeable about. I know weaknesses and strengths of all the major platforms already, there is a reason why I am still on Android. I rather live with the weaknesses with Android than WP. Anecdotes are helpful in getting an idea of something, but to paint anecdotes as fact is wrong.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

omg here we go again, theres a difference googling all the cons and owning something and then knowing its cons
just wow is all i can say
ps - are u sure u arent looking for android central?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
omg here we go again, theres a difference googling all the cons and owning something and then knowing its cons
just wow is all i can say
ps - are u sure u arent looking for android central?

Its funny you think I Google cons. I have been following Windows Phone since 2011. Through WPCentral, and hands on time with friends who own Windows Phone and in store Windows Phone. I doubt spending my own cash on a WP is going to make a difference when I am fully aware for what it can and can not do. This is a mobile nations forum, where I have been a part of since 2012. I know where I am at.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Its funny you think I Google cons. I have been following Windows Phone since 2011. Through WPCentral, and hands on time with friends who own Windows Phone and in store Windows Phone. I doubt spending my own cash on a WP is going to make a difference when I am fully aware for what it can and can not do. This is a mobile nations forum, where I have been a part of since 2012. I know where I am at.

and u are still not aware of any os's cons? btw owning something is different than hearing abt it
thats like me saying ferrari is bad because i saw it getting stuck on a speed breaker on the road and parts are expensive to replace and my civic is awesome because i can change parts for cheap if something like that happens

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
and u are still not aware of any os's cons?
Android: Security and Google Intrusiveness are the biggest cons
iOS: apps are sandboxed in their own environment so sharing is terrible, and lacks functionality compared to other OS`s
BB10: No ecosystem or apps, has to piggyback of Android apps to get anything, still some OS bugs
WP: app quality and quantity need to be improved, little developer support and some functions are still missing from the OS (OOB)
btw owning something is different than hearing abt it
thats like me saying ferrari is bad because i saw it getting stuck on a speed breaker on the road and parts are expensive to replace and my civic is awesome because i can change parts for cheap if something like that happens

Your metaphor does not make sense.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Android: Security and Google Intrusiveness are the biggest cons
iOS: apps are sandboxed in their own environment so sharing is terrible, and lacks functionality compared to other OS`s
BB10: No ecosystem or apps, has to piggyback of Android apps to get anything, still some OS bugs
WP: app quality and quantity need to be improved, little developer support and some functions are still missing from the OS (OOB)

Your metaphor does not make sense.

what??dude ur comments were laughable
android isnt a perfect os either
u need to use every os then comment
ur views on ios,bb10 and wp are flawed and misunderstood
just get that lumia icon of urs fast and enjoy it,im sure ull never go back to android :)

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So after reading through all 9 pages. I realized everyone is a HfzKPxX.jpg

and this topic has been derailed beyond repair. inb4 closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254