Help me community! Which to buy?

Baz S

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Community i need your help to decide.

I've been using my trusty Surface 3 as my main pc since it first came out and it's served me well. Alas it's starting to show its age and it's not doing so well with the newer builds of Win10.

It's time to upgrade.

I still want a Surface tablet and I've come down to two choices based on budget.

Which is better? A Surface Go or a refurb or pre-owned Surface Pro 4 or 5 (M3 or i5).

They are all the same price, I just need to know which one to pick.

Please save me.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Community i need your help to decide.

I've been using my trusty Surface 3 as my main pc since it first came out and it's served me well. Alas it's starting to show its age and it's not doing so well with the newer builds of Win10.

It's time to upgrade.

I still want a Surface tablet and I've come down to two choices based on budget.

Which is better? A Surface Go or a refurb or pre-owned Surface Pro 4 or 5 (M3 or i5).

They are all the same price, I just need to know which one to pick.

Please save me.

1) What's the difference in storage?

2) Is the Surface GO the LTE variant or WiFi only model?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The current Surface Pro (M3) is $600 at Best Buy right now if that's an option for you.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-surface-pro-12-3-touch-screen-intel-core-m3-4gb-memory-128gb-ssd-with-keyboard-platinum/6305982.p?skuId=6305982

Also, keep in mind that there might be some sweet 4th of July sales coming up.
[/FONT]

Baz S

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Techfreak1 and HeyCori.

I was also wondering is the Core M3 was better. I'm trying to save money and alot of good deals on the M3 version of the Surface Pro 5.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You're definitely going to get better CPU performance out of a Surface Pro with a Core M3 chip. And noticeably better performance if you choose an i5. I have a Surface Go and typically I don't have any issues with it. Where I notice that lack of power the most is when I use Chrome (which I only use Chrome because my bookmarks for work are synced with it, otherwise I use Edge). Scrolling in Chrome isn't smooth, especially on image heavy websites. Some mainly text based sites are serviceable though. I've never used a Core M3 device so I can't say for certain how non-Edge browsers function, but I'd guess the extra power in the M3 would make for a more enjoyable experience.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Techfreak1 and HeyCori.

I was also wondering is the Core M3 was better. I'm trying to save money and alot of good deals on the M3 version of the Surface Pro 5.
, I would go for a m3 if you do only basic stuff on your Pro (browsing, office etc) and is like a noticeable amount cheaper for you. This will also give you better battery life and less heat (better for durability of especially tablets).
Or if you need to do more heavy stuff like much multitasking, large spreadsheets, compiling etc I would go for the i5 of the Pro 6 since that one is a quad-core.

Also the Pro 4 had some screen problems I think, would be risky to buy that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss