How long does the Verizon Denim OTA update take to reach all Lumia Icon users?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have the Verizon Lumia Icon (929) and I'm (im)patiently hitting check for update on data, as well as trying on wifi but am not seeing the magical "update waiting" words yet. I'm in rural Tennessee if that makes a difference.
I know I can wipe and install through software recovery, but would like to avoid that route at this point.
Any advice or hints? Thanks

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon Lumia Icon (929) and I'm (im)patiently hitting check for update on data, as well as trying on wifi but am not seeing the magical "update waiting" words yet. I'm in rural Tennessee if that makes a difference.
I know I can wipe and install through software recovery, but would like to avoid that route at this point.
Any advice or hints? Thanks

What part of Tennessee?

anon(9162805)

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the ICON. I installed the Developers Preview to get the updates right away since Verizon was not offering them at that time. Everything ran fine. When Verizon finally released Denim. I unselected the checkbox on the Developers Preview and uninstalled the program. I figured I was done with them and would get the Denim update from Verizon. Problem: The Developers Preview actually gave you almost everything that Denim does, so when it checked the Verizon servers, it said I was up to date based upon the OS version I was running. I reinstalled the Developers Preview, selected the checkbox to re sign up for updates. Then I checked for updates on my phone. The update request will take almost a full 2 min. to find the update. Do not stop it from checking, it is not locked up. You will get the Denim Update.I did on 2 phones with no problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes