How To: Flash ATT Lumia 830 (RM-983) with 8.1 Update 2 and Proper Denim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbriem

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I understand your train of thought. It's just something that seems to happen too often after flashing Windows (and android) devices. Sometimes, just sometimes, devices have a few "quirks" after a firmware/os flash and a factory reset fixes. My 830 had some sound issues after upgrading and a factory reset got it all working. It's something that has become "standard practice" in most communities, like XDA, to perform after a flash.

Thanks, ashram. I really do appreciate the information. I guess it is akin to a Windows reboot. Sometimes you just have to do it.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
gdobro, if you do a reset, report back if it fixed your issues. I've yet to do this myself, but the longer it drags on, the more enticing it is. I was really hoping an OTA would follow soon.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
gdobro, if you do a reset, report back if it fixed your issues. I've yet to do this myself, but the longer it drags on, the more enticing it is. I was really hoping an OTA would follow soon.

in all honesty, i say just do it... you might be waiting to upgrade straight to 10 if you are waiting for AT&T... while will probably be after the December release.

My phone has bee way more stable with this build than the stock build that came with it.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

As usual...I get stuck somewhere.... lol

Anyways, I followed all the steps, but the clicking of start fails me. I see the verifying and rebooting phase....

Then this pops up.
d149de155739f130d01ac70ad8e77da2.png

Which is this in text VVV

Invalid response from device, incorrect message id
Exception:
Nokia.Murzim.InvalidResponseException: Invalid response from device, incorrect message id
at Nokia.Murzim.Uefi.BootManager.MurzimBootManager.InfoQuery()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__c(Object state)

Ideas? No harm is done to the phone. I am just stuck on starting the flashing.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just received a phone update message, and my 830 is now in the process of updating. Can it be that AT&T is finally pushing out Denim update?

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I just received a phone update message, and my 830 is now in the process of updating. Can it be that AT&T is finally pushing out Denim update?

I just checked for updates, and got the notification that 8.10.15148.160 is available. I'm at work, so I can't download it, but the version number of the OS lines up with what is in the ffu files posted in this thread. I'm curious if it's the same build, or if they tweaked some of the call forwarding issues.

c732f5cd628dcdebb619c13f55cb3b9c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FraJa