How to activate "Hey Cortana" in French/Canada on a HP Elite x3?

Iarus Surai

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
How to activate "Hey Cortana" in French/Canada on a HP Elite x3?
I've set my region to Canada and all the language/keyboard/voice settings that I could find to french canada. And I can't find the "Activate Hey Cortana" option in the Cortana app's settings.
I'm on the latest non insider version of Win10M.

Microsoft customer service refuse to help because I have an HP phone and not a Lumia. And HP's only suggestion was to reinitialize the phone and start over, maybe the setting would come unstuck. I just finished reinstalling everything, but I still can't find the setting.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, on Lumia phones to setup 'Hey Cortana', you would need to go to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana.
I can't confirm this on a HP Elite x3.
Can you check?

Iarus Surai

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply.
I got the hey Cortana setting to appear, but only when the language was in English US, not french. At that moment some settings were in English others in French, some sais Canada others said US. Both the phone and me were confused, laggy and Cortana's settings page would freeze, and launching Cortana with the magnifying glass button would often crash it after a second. Saying "Hey Cortana" would only work 1 / 10 times. Training the speech thing doesn't really work with my accent.
... Fun!
So yesterday I was about to hard reset the whole thing again, the before that I set every settings to English US and now my phone is stable. While watching today's build conference, Joe Belfiore had more luck at triggering Cortana than me.

Whatever, I give up for now.

Thanks for the help anyway.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
no nothing works, I have tried to set it up in English Canada and Cortana fails... hard! I mean English Canada doesn't work? REALLY!!? STRANGLY it works on my L950 so I think it has to do with the HP X3 and not WM10... so now I just leave it on English US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05