I feel behind with Windows Phone

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Really, besides people who roam these forums, who the **** researches a damn phone. Pretty much take the info the rep is giving them.

DanielCeleste

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
yeah i love the notification on WP , all I need ,

tells me if i have a txt , e-mails , calander , missed calls on on my home screen.. easy breeze dont even need to open a *notification center* to lose an other 2min scrolling true the same thing a live tile tells you.
But I feel like the Start screen just doesn't cut it with notifications. What if I want notifications from apps that aren't pinned?

DanielCeleste

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've read only some of the comments on this thread before I grew annoyed with silliness and decided to address the original post.

--GMAIL ... this is probably setup as IMAP4 instead of ActiveSync. That said, I do notice that sometimes syncing read status takes a minute or two. Even my Exchange work account sometimes takes a minute if I'm at my laptop and have phone on Push at the same time.

--Phone notifications ... I don't understand what your claim is. As soon as I click any app (Phone, Outlook, Hotmail, GMail, and Text Messaging), the notifications go away as soon as I back out of the app.

--Wi-Fi connection ... well, leave your data connection enabled instead of Wi-Fi only. I wonder what your phone and network are... or your coverage area.

--Facebook notification delays ... I think this is more to do with Facebook API and network delays than with Windows Phone. The same happens with Facebook app, and often on other platforms (I've tried them all).

--Me tile and notifications in general ... here's where I agree completely. I think, in general, that Microsoft needs a lot of work here. I think that a notification center would be a wonderful addition. That said, I don't find the current setup limiting, so much as it could be enhanced. I love swiping the notification out of the way, but I also want an option to turn off text message notices on the lock screen (for privacy).

I think a lot of the improvements you're looking for will come with WP8. Not yet on a full notification center-- maybe WP8.x-- but I think most will be addressed from news we've seen so far.

I think it's good to voice these concerns, but be realistic too, and be willing to adapt your habits to what you have while you wait for improvements to come. Make sure you are constructive about how you'd fix it and voice that too (which I feel this thread does, mostly).
Thank you - this is what I was looking for. Everyone, just PLEASE shut up about Android! I never mentioned Android in my OP, and I would rather have a Windows Phone anyways. Don't just assume it's your time to jump in and save the day with your widgets customizations. I know how those work.

I'm just glad that finally, someone gave a reasonable answer. The purpose of this post was for me to kind of figure out how power users get around/work with those limitations.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you - this is what I was looking for. Everyone, just PLEASE shut up about Android! I never mentioned Android in my OP, and I would rather have a Windows Phone anyways. Don't just assume it's your time to jump in and save the day with your widgets customizations. I know how those work.

I'm just glad that finally, someone gave a reasonable answer. The purpose of this post was for me to kind of figure out how power users get around/work with those limitations.

calm down

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I leave my phone at my desk sometimes at work. I would like to be able to just check the lock screen for toasts but not even fb, twitter, or any more of the totally integrated people hub shows up. Fb messages pop up the message toast but nothing for any other part of fb. Other 3rd party apps that post stuff to the live tiles do not put up toasts.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254