I just damaged my Lumia 1020 and I am looking for some way it can be fixed. Anyone?

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I just damaged my Lumia 1020 and I am looking for some way it can be fixed.

My phone's screen isn't exactly white per say but it has these multiple dots all around. I thought maybe when i dropped it from my hands and fell in my desk it would not function anymore but it still kinda works (like if I touch the buttons it vibrates and if i touch the power button the screen turns off and goes back to lockscreen).

In the end, can anyone help me with this? Has someone gone through the same thing?

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: I just damaged my Lumia 1020 and I am looking for some way it can be fixed.

Mine isn't acting normal at all because all i can see in the screen is just that. And its stuck on the lockscreen; and i know this because when its in lockscreen it fades and shows the time and the screen looks like its doing just that same thing.

Btw this is how the screen is.Photo on 8-23-15 at 5.02 PM #3.jpg

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Oh pardon me. But that Phone needs to Be repaired. You probably broke the LCD part of your screen

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

I just did a little search and the only thing around Puerto Rico is a Microsoft store in a near mall.
Will they be able to help me out on fixing it maybe?

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

I have a 1020 that had a broken screen. I ordered my screen lcd digitizer with frame from repairuniverse. I replaced the screen myself. Was quite simple to do. Took me about 15 minutes

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

I found out that I need other stuff to disassemble the phone; if i order the LCD digitizer in that site, does it comes with the necessary tools to fix it?

Last edited:

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

No it doesn't but you'll need a t5/t6 screwdriver, (release the screw) a plastic knife (releases the screen cables) and a guitar pick. (release the screen) That's about it and a youtube video showing how.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

SOFT RESET.

Hold power, and I think Volume down. That should fix it. Used to happen to my 920 all the time.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

That's not what broken LCD's look like.

It could be a loose connector, or the phone is locked up and needs a soft reset.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That looks like something at the software level went terribly wrong or was corrupted, or that something at the hard ware level is about to go wrong. That happened to my L1020, but it wasn't permanent - it lasted for only a few seconds before working normally again (and it never happened again). I must mention that it happened when my L1020 was having trouble lagging, launching some apps, etc... and that was also before my L1020 encountered the dreaded Boot Error, so that could be an indication that the main board is about to break down. A possibility is that it could be triggered by the fall.

As you can see, so much speculation can be given. The only guaranteed way to have your L1020 fixed (without incurring additional liability-free damages) is to take your phone to a service center. You can have them diagnose the problem first and then decide if you want to have your phone repaired or if you would attempt the repairs yourself given that you already know exactly what's wrong.

Prabaharan D

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I suggest, get a new one, mine 1020 screen is broken slightly and found that repair charge is $230 while the new refurbished phone is $140 at the expansys-usa.com-website.

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
This screen has happened on a few occasions to my 1020. Each of those few times it seemed to happen when I was on YouTube, bizarrely. For me, always just seems to be a freeze, no damage. Not saying it is for you, but that's my experience.

A soft reset did the job, it is simply a reboot the phone and it's all ready to go again (everything is retained, btw). It might be a bit late now, but it's the first thing I think anyone on the forum would recommend when seeing something like this, it's just like restarting a PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo