IE11 showing only "mobile version"

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Is everyone having this bug with wp8.1 dev preview,or only me? Even after setting desktop version, the sites are loaded in mobile version only. It's quite annoying. Will a hard reset fix it? Or is there any other work around? I already tried soft reset, no help...
NB: On Nokia Lumia 820 India. Wp8.1
Sorry if this has been asked here before,I couldn't find by searching on my mobile.. Please help

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine is set to "desktop" and works as it should, but it only gives me the desktop version for some sites :p for google.com i can get desktop, but for youtube.com i automatically get mobile version.. so you're not alone.. did you have a specific site, maybe i can check and report back

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Facebook.com, flipkart.com,YouTube.com even wpcentral.. Almost all the sites I use are shown in mobile version only.. Yeah as you said I think some sites have no problem...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Facebook, youtube and flipkart all open automatically in mobile version.. But wpcentral opens in desktop version for me :/

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Facebook, youtube and flipkart all open automatically in mobile version.. But wpcentral opens in desktop version for me :/

You are right.. Rechecked. Now wpcentral is opening in desktop view only.Yesterday it was seen in mobile view only.. May be MS is working on it..

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
If you are set to load the desktop version, but the mobile version still loads, you need to click the site's built in link to switch to view full (desktop) version of site. Once you do that, the site will load in the desktop version whenever you go there.

For instance, load YouTube.com, click the 3 lines to load the sidebar, scroll down, click desktop and the site will load the desktop version. Then, even if you close the tab and go to YouTube.com in a different tab, it will open the desktop version.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you are set to load the desktop version, but the mobile version still loads, you need to click the site's built in link to switch to view full (desktop) version of site. Once you do that, the site will load in the desktop version whenever you go there.

For instance, load YouTube.com, click the 3 lines to load the sidebar, scroll down, click desktop and the site will load the desktop version. Then, even if you close the tab and go to YouTube.com in a different tab, it will open the desktop version.

Nice find mate!

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

No, I did make facebook desktop view as you told.. Still next time I log in, its again mobile site only..

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I was very much excited about IE11.. But now this looks like only a beta version of IE11... Hopefully we will get a fix soon... I think this is a global problem..
Is there anyone with WP 8.1 dev preview not having this bug?
Try loading www.facebook.com from IE11 and check if the desktop version is loaded or not(after enabling "desktop version" in settings)

bingMe

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. For instance, in eBay, the full desktop version works completely fine while searching and navigating but when I select an item it takes me to its hideous mobile page. I tried scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the desktop version but I get an error page and in the address bar it gives me something that looks like a phone number. And before thus suggestion is made, yes, I do have the browser set to display desktop pages only. Anyone running ie11 in 8.1 please try going to a bidding page of an item and see if you are able to get beyond the mobile page without error it would be highly appreciated

dandunk

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
My issue is with Facebook. Before, I had ie set to desktop but when I would go to Facebook I would use m.facebook.com. This gave me a kind of hybrid version, I guess. I wouldn't have to scroll, scroll, scroll. Just hit "see more stories". And it would open the next series of stories. I could walk away from it and when I came back, it was in the same place. It seemed to filter all the gaming junk out and gave me options similar to the full site. Now it is either use full site which refreshes to top when anything else is opened or use the mobile version which is as bad as the app. Back to top every time you click on something. Turned off data sense and played around with other settings. Any clues?

daredevildan

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Quoting for more visibility and confirmed it works for me too. Was very frustrated to the point I was using another browser. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo