Indian 920 corner

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Its wireless in the sense that no wire needs to be connected to the phone itself. You can just place the phone on the charger (or pillow). Its not more work. There will be charging plates setup in public places like coffee shops and you can just go and place your phone on them to charge the phone.
haha, REALLY ? Charging plates put for us to charge in Coffee shops in Mumbai ? LOL man, Plz no joke !

bashbaliga

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Sangeetha in sahakarnagar just stared at me for asking about lumia 920, Reliancedigital dont even know whats a lumia 920 or a htc 8x, :|

Anyways you do know that the 920 will be only sold by NPD'S for the first week or so,

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Wiat wait wait....... dafaq is Charging Plate Connected to ?OMG did you all see how Nokia is fooling people stating "WIRELESS" charging ?I mean how the heck in the world is it WIRELESS if the Wireless Charging Plate itself has to be connected to a charger by a chord & a plug both separate, instead that is more of WORK to be done rather than just connecting the device to a simple Charger...I mean if you look carefully IN ALL NOKIA'S CHARGING PLATE ADS, they DO NOT show where the charging plate's wire end.. BIG LOL !That is because it has to be connected to a plug... Why in the earth would I want to connect the mobile to the charging plate which has to be connected to a separate chord which in turn has to be connected to a plug & then Plugged in..Why not just connect the device into a charger instead of doing soo much work ?& they call it WIRELESS.......... Meh -_-Link : Nokia Wireless Charging Plate Blk AT&T (Unboxing) - YouTube
LOL, you didnt know that?BTW,its a start. Imagine in future u hv tablet, phone, wireless headphone and u need to charge them. U hv only one socket. But with big charging plate u can charge all of them at same time and work as well with no wires at all.And wireless charging has its application more outside than inside. Cars having chargers, charging ur phone while it rests in its place, buses (amm, dont say city buses, i mean real luxury), luxury louge, planes, trains, 5star coffe cafe, etc. So in short, u r an early adopter.For now, u are free from extra work of inserting mini usb cable after finding right side to charge ur phone. :)

Last edited:

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Sangeetha in sahakarnagar just stared at me for asking about lumia 920, Reliancedigital dont even know whats a lumia 920 or a htc 8x, :|

Anyways you do know that the 920 will be only sold by NPD'S for the first week or so,
indira nager already had taken 7 preorders 2 days back, out of which 1 took 50 units
so total 57 pieces preordered day b4 yest itself
P.s might get tomoz evening or 12th morning

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Banging in wrong doors. Try Croma..

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
haha, REALLY ? Charging plates put for us to charge in Coffee shops in Mumbai ? LOL man, Plz no joke !

Do you at least have the decency to admit that you got the wireless bit wrong? The charging plates are being installed in many countries. When and if they will come to India is anybody's guess. A little maturity when you indulge in a public forum won't hurt.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I dont change my phone every year. And I am sure most of the operators till next year will start 4G services. So yeah, I need 4G compatible phone. Also, why does Nokia give those bands which are not used by majority of operators? If Nokia was serious in launching India specific device then it should have worked on its bands and launced a proper product.Sorry, seeing this I feel Nokia is treating India as any 3 world country. 1st launching this phone this late and now , not even giving its due. (The sell the most phone here across anywhere in the world.) I expected better. Disappointed.
amm, I don't think so 4g will be available everywhere so soon. and btw, mistake is done by our network providers not Nokia,. they only choose to impliment TDD LTE which was used by china instead of FD-LTE which is used by rest of the world. BTW it doesnt matter much coz if LTE comes, it will be costly, much more costly, aur jab india me 3g flop ho gaya to 4g to bhool jao network bhi nai pakdega!!!

Last edited:

Abhishek M

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What about guys who had pre-booked it from bandra and Ghatkopar NPD. What price are you getting the phone at and any wireless accessories along with it?

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
What about guys who had pre-booked it from bandra and Ghatkopar NPD. What price are you getting the phone at and any wireless accessories along with it?

I checked with Ghatkopar NPD.. he was still mum on price but he assured it will be less than what was announced.. Also, he confirmed, no charging plates whatsoever for now, they aren't available only.. and will come later as a separate accessory..

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Just stating my opinion after watching the documentary...not interested in an argument with you....

@sameer being disappointed and cribbing are two different things....Im still going to buy the phone but if nokia priced it a bit cheaper or provided some kind of freebie it would be better...If im not wrong USA got free wireless charger then why not India.... of course Nokia is here to make money we can see them evading tax... XD

I did urge not to take prices emotionally. I can understand if you are disaapointed. So am I. 920 is out of my budget.
But by which logic do you expect to be given a free wireless charger? I request you to read my post again and COMPARE prices of unlocked, off-contract Lumia 920 with INR prices. If you convert US (and other countries') prices into INR they are on the higher side of 37k. Mind you, we are talking about 32GB version. Do simple math. Actual prices in NPDs will be lower than the declared official MRP.
And the price difference in other countries and India does justify the lack of free wireless charger. I'm not defending Nokia I'm just stating simple math.

Lets wait for official news about the I.T. raid before jumping onto conclusions such as your claims of tax evasion.

Viveksagarwal

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
amm, I don't think so 4g will be available everywhere so soon. and btw, mistake is done by our network providers not Nokia,. they only choose to impliment TDD LTE which was used by china instead of FD-LTE which is used by rest of the world. BTW it doesnt matter much coz if LTE comes, it will be costly, much more costly, aur jab india me 3g flop ho gaya to 4g to bhool jao network bhi nai pakdega!!!

Seriously? I have very different take on 4G.
And when Nokia can have an different Lumia 920 for China mobile, why cant it do the same for India? Double standards?

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? I have very different take on 4G.
And when Nokia can have an different Lumia 920 for China mobile, why cant it do the same for India? Double standards?
There is nothing as Double Standards by Nokia. Apparently, Indian network providers are not clear how they want to roll out 4G. Airtel has planned TD LTE and what about the rest? They are busy rolling out 3G. On the other side all the network providers in China have deployed TD LTE, so it makes sense for Nokia to use a particular radio chip.
Moreover, Airtel is offering 4G data only so far...Voice services haven't been rolled out yet. With all this ambiguity how come a device manufacturer keep guessing and not launch their product? Also, iphone 5 wouldn't support Indian 4G either... Samsung hasn't announced or launched any device either. Now, how come you are blaming Nokia?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo