It's Bing really superior to Google? In what aspects and how do you compare them?

Luffy Lau

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Give me a persuasive and convincing reason so that I can switch to Bing without regrets. And I'm still confused why Bing is still in deficit.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I mean, if you need convincing, it probably isn't for you. Personally, I just use the search and video and they're both pretty good for me. I just prefer Bing to a) help Cortana become smarter and b) Bing Rewards

Bing is in the red because the ads aren't helping pay for the entire thing. You have to keep in mind that Bing isn't just a search engine, it's a platform. Supposedly, it's suppose to be profitable by next year.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the US? If so, Bing is great for Bing Rewards. I use my Bing Rewards toward Starbucks gift cards, so I rarely need to pay for my coffee at Starbucks.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, let's start with paid advertisers. When searching for information about products, Google's image space is 100% pay to play. Of course, this means that all the sites included are paying more to be featured in search results and you know they aren't absorbing those costs. This is true in the US and 11 other countries:

Videos. Search for videos on Bing and then just hover over an image to see a preview of the video (including Vimeo and other sites). This is sooooo much faster than having to visit each page in YouTube.

Images. While Google offers comparable filtering tools for several categories (e.g., picture orientation, color, B/W, lineart, etc.), Bing also adds licensing filters. This is a must if you use pictures for any public viewing.

Biggest difference of all...

This: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/

vs. this: Microsoft Privacy Statement

Microsoft even has an entire website that explains your options and walks you through privacy options: Your privacy and Microsoft personalized ads

Last year, Google's revenues totaled $58.1 BILLION, of which $50.5 BILLION was from advertising. Google users are not their customers, they are Google's product - an audience for advertisers. Although Microsoft is endeavoring to make Bing self-sustaining, only about $2.5 BILLION of Microsoft's $75 BILLION in revenues last year came from Bing advertising sales. Microsoft's primary mission is to sell software, services, and hardware. Their survival is not dependent on selling information about me.

Luffy Lau

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you in the US? If so, Bing is great for Bing Rewards. I use my Bing Rewards toward Starbucks gift cards, so I rarely need to pay for my coffee at Starbucks.
Sorry I'm Chinese, and I was on holiday in Florida. What is Bing rewards? I've never heard that before:-o And I found most people around me still preferred Google(when in US not China), with little concern about Bing.

Luffy Lau

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I mean, if you need convincing, it probably isn't for you. Personally, I just use the search and video and they're both pretty good for me. I just prefer Bing to a) help Cortana become smarter and b) Bing Rewards

Bing is in the red because the ads aren't helping pay for the entire thing. You have to keep in mind that Bing isn't just a search engine, it's a platform. Supposedly, it's suppose to be profitable by next year.

Well, for me, Cortana is the only reason I stick to Bing. And it's ridiculous that Siri also uses Bing's support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05