kik Messenger - Connection issues

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been unable to properly log onto my account on my phone, when I do, I have no contacts, my account info is in a constant updating state, and when I search for specific user names to add... Nothing.

Anybody else having this issue?

I sent an email to kik about this, but no response.

+925

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
kik stopped developing the app for wp! so you might be experiencing this issue because kik hasn't been updated since like 2 years I guess.....there's no point in emailing them, they respond in a rude manner or they just don't respond at all! I'm sorry.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
kik stopped developing the app for wp! so you might be experiencing this issue because kik hasn't been updated since like 2 years I guess.....there's no point in emailing them, they respond in a rude manner or they just don't respond at all! I'm sorry.

Sucks. It would be nice if there were an alternate third party app.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
that's the email from april :| kik works on one of my devices and doesn't in the other :(
Screenshot (23).png

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I did the log off and log on else where idea and it worked, finally, lol

Cool, my daughter has to sometimes log into her iPod to get Kik to work again on her 810. Glad it worked for you. I really wish Kik would work with Microsoft on updating their app. My daughter is begging for an iPhone or Android because of the poor Kik app. It is huge among her friends.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Cool, my daughter has to sometimes log into her iPod to get Kik to work again on her 810. Glad it worked for you. I really wish Kik would work with Microsoft on updating their app. My daughter is begging for an iPhone or Android because of the poor Kik app. It is huge among her friends.

You must really trust your daughter allowing her to use Kik.

Anyways as far as Kik updating Kik goes, Kik has been asking for implementation of Webkit browsers but WP refuses to do it.

Kik isn't getting updated anytime soon, sorry. :/

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I browse through her phone and look at her kik messages. I am aware of all her friends on there. Can you explain your concern about Kik? Now you got me worried.

I seriously do not want you to get paranoid, if you believe you raised her right and she has barely ever done anything wrong in the past, it should be okay and you should stop checking her Kik.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

My daughter wants an iPhone as well, but she can't even take care of her 520. I told her if she can save the money for an iPhone herself, she can have one and she has been doing exactly that. I go through my daughters kik also, but not because I am worried, but because I am a parent.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My daughter had taken good care of her 521, I ended up giving her a 810 later so she could have a front camera. I trust her, but still not sure about getting her an expensive iPhone. Maybe the rumors of android compatible apps will help but I see maybe getting her a used iPhone 4s cheap this fall or if what I read is true I may be able to use her mother's Verizon iPhone 5 on tmobile when she upgrades this fall.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
My daughter had taken good care of her 521, I ended up giving her a 810 later so she could have a front camera. I trust her, but still not sure about getting her an expensive iPhone. Maybe the rumors of android compatible apps will help but I see maybe getting her a used iPhone 4s cheap this fall or if what I read is true I may be able to use her mother's Verizon iPhone 5 on tmobile when she upgrades this fall.

Don't go for iPhone 4S, it is nearly at the end of it's life now. Go for iPhone 5 or above, that way you will have at least another year or two before it becomes totally outdated.

Lumia 810 and iPhone 5 have identical hardware. iPhone 4S uses much older hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)