Limited Network - On Windows 8 PC and Surface RT

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Lak, bad news. It's doing it again...

Edit: Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Like yesterday, I was downloading a huge file and it paused the download at 10GB. I was impressed.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Everyone, I thank you for all you have done. I contacted vizio for support, and tried everything. I spend a total (with Microsoft, Vizio, fixing stuff, etc.) of 15 hours doing this, no joke. So I issued a return with Microsoft on this computer. Don't get me wrong, I loved this computer, but it had a ton of issues, and the screen wasn't good, and it was 1080p!! I'm going to wait till November and see what comes, either from PC manufacturers or from Apple. I suggest to you mods, leave this thread open so if others have my problem, they can review what we did. Thank you for your time everyone! I appreciate it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you got a lemon PC. I'm glad that you're able to send it back. That's definitely not normal.

I hope you have better luck with whatever you get next time.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear you got a lemon PC. I'm glad that you're able to send it back. That's definitely not normal.

I hope you have better luck with whatever you get next time.

Ya. I jut hope they take it back. I might be wrong, but it said if opened, I can't return it.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I haven't started school yet so I just have knowledge on what I've personally experienced, but I've experienced a lot of issues in this area. I didn't read most of the comments before me so forgive me for stating something that has already been brought up. First thing I would do is isolate the device or the problem. Do not use your router and see if that makes a difference. I would go into your modem settings and make sure your device is set to DMZ plus mode and find the IP of the computer and make sure that it is designated in there so there are no conflicts between the 2. It sounds like a simple solution, just something not thought of yet. You might also want to reset your connection settings for your computer as well, after you do the other things. You may need to enter the parameters manually just to ensure that you are in control of designation. Look, I don't have any professional experience but I have run into a similar problem with my connection more than once.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I haven't started school yet so I just have knowledge on what I've personally experienced, but I've experienced a lot of issues in this area. I didn't read most of the comments before me so forgive me for stating something that has already been brought up. First thing I would do is isolate the device or the problem. Do not use your router and see if that makes a difference. I would go into your modem settings and make sure your device is set to DMZ plus mode and find the IP of the computer and make sure that it is designated in there so there are no conflicts between the 2. It sounds like a simple solution, just something not thought of yet. You might also want to reset your connection settings for your computer as well, after you do the other things. You may need to enter the parameters manually just to ensure that you are in control of designation. Look, I don't have any professional experience but I have run into a similar problem with my connection more than once.

I said that I requested a return for this product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)