List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

dcutting

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
How do expect anyone NOT to be upset at MS for making changes to things that are loved by the WP community? Take the OneDrive syncing from photos or FB integration. We love those features. They work, and they work really well. And for MS to remove it at the request of NOBODY makes people mad. It is completely unnecessary. It's understandable for users to be fuming at these types of changes.

I have to imagine there's more to this story than meets the eye. I don't think Microsoft would have pulled this feature just because they felt like it. I wonder if there was some push back from Facebook on that integration and they were forced down that path.

trmnrs

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Just Xbox Music. I can't stand the Store app at all... It's slow and sluggish, navigation is terrible and it doesn't match the native Windows Phone experience. The fact that it's my only option for listening to my music subscription is terrible. They need to update the app immediately.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have to imagine there's more to this story than meets the eye. I don't think Microsoft would have pulled this feature just because they felt like it. I wonder if there was some push back from Facebook on that integration and they were forced down that path.

Given the fact that you can gain access to a myriad of websites using Facebook credentials, I seriously doubt that's the case.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
(Lumia 920, Rogers Canada)
Music app too slow and seemingly random treatment of my music (i.e. albums missing songs, etc.).
Notifications center not showing anything from Facebook and Instagram.
Mail messages slower to open, weird animation
Calendar app displays weather in Fahrenheit (in Canada, set Bing Weather to Celsius)
Cool lockscreen shown at build not yet available

For that you have to enable those in background then only notification comes much like android.no toast notification or nothing.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a hd image from some walpaper website... It showed up a message " downloaded and saved in Downloads" now how can I find that file???

I chose a photo in my library, edited it with Creative Studios, saved, and had to search forever to find it in the "Saved Pictures" folder. Somehow it doesn't save as the newest one and gets mixed up in the pool of photos. Took me 5 minutes to find it.
​I'm not liking this.

anon5999636

May 16, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, the integration with FB that everybody loves in WP8 had changed because it was a FB condition.
This change was not irresponsible, its just a deal between MS and FB. The reasons? I dont know.... But seems that FB doesnt like this WP feature...
And we can see this insatisfaction in the lack of na official FB app...

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I very much don't like this. I liked how I could respond quickly in the people hub rather than open the fb app. This was one of the selling points of WP was the lack of the need for an app. I will say that one thing that used to bug me about the old way was when a friend would post a picture, you had to tap the + in order to like it rather than tapping just on the picture. If they would have just fixed that, it would have been fine with me. Not quite sure if I'll ever like it opening the fb app for all fb interactions.

Go nd blame facebook for this they want everyone to use FB app nd messenger.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
1. In people hub display pics of my Facebook contacts are not being showed.
2. Xbox music app is very slow,u cant swipe and change next song,u cant see the history and new items.
second one is bearable as der are many music apps available such as nokia music but first one should be improved, all my contacts are showing grey.

I tapped into a contact just to find out it loads. But...I have to do that for every contact....screw that.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the whole update. They just screwed everything. I won't list all the things again as you guys have already discussed that. But, on the design side, this is really a bad update. WP8 was so clean and cool, now everything feels messed up, unpolished and unsmooth. My 920 doesn't lag, but sure isn't smooth like before.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
To me, one of the criteria for a good day was never having to open the FB app.

Now that they've dis-integrated the Me tile, I expect fewer good days.

Don't get me wrong: Overall, I like the update, and I realize that change is inevitable and often necessary, but this one "feature" really does stick in my craw.

terrokkinit

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I actually like WP8.1, but my only gripe is the lost ability to share right from within Windows Phone. I share updates, links, etc. thru Twitter and Facebook, but that functionality is practically gone with this update. Now, I have to manually compose an update every link I get on BOTH platforms, like I used to with G+. Maybe this will be fixed with updated versions of apps, but does anyone else feel my pain? I like giving Twitter updates right from my phone!

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
hello,i have a question...is it possible to disable just the notification sounds,and leave just the ringer on like in wp 8.0,not one by one as i've seen in dev.prev 8.1,thx,please reply with quote if you can HELP me :))) :smile:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I could understand if FB pushed MS to stop the integration and made them use the app. I get it. But changes to the photos hub - OneDrive integration, Bing Vision, and not having an option to not show games in the app list is completely unnecessary and against what WP is supposed to be about: simplicity. And true to MS fashion they will be completely silent as to why they chose to make these changes.

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Why isn't there an option to choose the NFC shortcut (like Bluetooth) in the action center?
Facebook Integration sucks. Lags everywhere. Constantly updating.
Xbox Music is frustrating, hasn't recognized my music on my SD Card. Worked before on my 822.
Games are listed everywhere.
Some apps won't open like Instagram Beta. But Asphalt 8 works okay via SD Card.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Given the fact that you can gain access to a myriad of websites using Facebook credentials, I seriously doubt that's the case.
Using facebook credentials, yes. However, you have to first go to the facebook website (in this case app)
Have a read of this Microsoft drops Facebook and Flickr photo integration from Windows 8.1, recommends official apps | The Verge
and from this very site:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...how-intergration-sucks-windows-phone-8-a.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/207197-terrible-facebook-chat-connection.html
Why Windows Phones Suck. | WPSauce
I will not mince words here. Zune is singularly the most stupid feature of Windows Phones and is its weakest link. There are so many ways in which Zune is restricting the WP platform (specially in the emerging markets) that I need an entire post to give vent to it. This post is already getting too long, so watch this space, there is plenty about Zune where this is coming from, and most of it is not pretty.
Nine Things We Really, Really Want from Windows Phone 8
WP's music player is a hand-grenade-rolled-into-Sephora mess, crowded among too many other offerings in the "Music + Videos" tile. Music shouldn't be hub-ified. We want instant gratification when it comes to this stuff, not a broad menu of podcasts, movies, apps, and playlists. Really, just rip off the iOS music app—it's more or less perfect.
Why Windows Phone 8 is strictly mediocre and why Microsoft should be worried. | WPSauce
Always visible status bar – This annoys me because this isn’t something Microsoft is responsible for completely, majority of the developers choose to remove it and you have to get out of the app to check date, time and battery. So instead of giving options to developers – just remove the option and make it visible at all times. Better – make it visible and tap to hide instead of tap to show. Don’t see how current way of showing it works for anyone.

You have to realize, for all these changes Microsoft has made, this is where they are coming from. They read this and react accordingly. If they move backwards now, a new set of complainers would launch out of the woodworks. The music and Videos hub in WP8 was cool, but I really didn't use it for much. If they update the music app then it'll be perfect. As for Facebook, it's Facebook's decision. The photo's hub? Finally I can get to my pictures, phew. No opinion on that.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Strange too. Perhaps some beta testers suggested it. I know I was confused where my games went at first. Bing Vision...is still here when I press the search button...

Vladimir Hidalgo

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
What I *think*:

Messages HUB is now more flexible, I recall someone saying they're preparing to handle every message trough the messages HUB, but remember that this is a Dev Preview, maybe third party apps are still making the neccessary changes, perhaps their deadline is in June and we are months from seeing the best of WP8.1

Also Cortana/Swipe KB is still lacking in some languages, wich leads me to think they're going to release another update in the incoming months which will make everything smoother.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I just did a hard reset.

Xbox Music just took 30 seconds to even start.

The whole phone is lagging like the first gen iPhone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur Dent