List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The lack of a data connection icon in the notification center is also the first bad thing I noticed. I hope they will include it soon with some update

Data connection is there! However when you are connected to WiFi the mobile data type gets moved into the top of notification to make the status bar neater and less cluttered (thank f***). Simply pull down notification centre slightly and see that next to your carrier name is the connection type (G, 3G, H, H+, 4G)

ezraofcebu

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
mine has no problem at all. considering those were your previous set up before updating to 8.1, try soft reset first. if not resolved, back them all up and do hard reset :p

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
4. I'm not finding a way to re-enable holding the Search button on the lockscreen to open Bing. I liked that, because I usually was searching from the context of taking my phone out of my pocket.

Not even going to lie, I'm not sure I consider 8.1 and actual upgrade for Windows Phone, in terms of personal use. I never wanted/needed a notification center, as everything I wanted notifications for was a live tile. I never felt like Music+Video needed split. I liked not having my games and apps in the same group. I don't believe that Cortana is any less of a spybot than what Siri or Google Now would be, to be quite honest. I also don't need the things Cortana offers (voice-based things don't interest me). I freely admit that the package of things that WP 8.1 offers make it closer to what the average user wants, but as someone who doesn't use his phone for a whole lot, it is a major step back for me.

If you just hit the search button once instead of holding it, you can key in a search just like before, and it will give you results from a bing search. As for the rest, if you don't like Cortana, don't set it up. Its not like you have to use it.

I agree with your first three points.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you just hit the search button once instead of holding it, you can key in a search just like before, and it will give you results from a bing search. As for the rest, if you don't like Cortana, don't set it up. Its not like you have to use it.

I agree with your first three points.

You missed what I'm saying. Pre-8.1, you had a setting to where you could unlock the phone, hold down the Search button, and Bing would come up. You didn't have to actually swipe the wallpaper away. I used that feature a lot, as someone would ask me something, I'd double-tap to wake, hold down Search, and be at Bing. I'd like to have that back, as it's more-efficient.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding, I don't think I could be more angry now if I tried. My entire local library doesn't even play in Xbox Music. Everything gives the error 80070057, which an Internet search says it means it can't connect to Xbox Music. It's freaking local music, why would I need to be on Xbox Music for it?! What, is this their way of saying that Windows Phone can no longer play music without a paid subscription or something? I mean, how can they reasonably consider what they have done in this update functional, intelligent, or professional?

EVERY. SINGLE. TRACK. IN. MY. LIBRARY.

wp_ss_20140415_0004.png

Aylio786

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
i totally agree as others mentioned above plus i dont like the new way for changing tabs in internet explorer.best way should be to open a new tab in backround or at least make an option if you want to see the new tabs you are opening.even back button was better to return to the previous tab when opening new tabs.also cobalt color in my black lumia 920 seems washed out!

Here is a link to alternative browsers for Windows Phone:

Bored of Internet Explorer? Here are some alternative web browsers for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
All of my music is here too... twice over!!!! Not sure what happened but after the 8.1 update all my music had clones made and im seeing double. Now on my surface too! Happened after letting the app update the songs list. :( Wow. Just Wow.)

That happened to me when I first got the phone (immediately upon release of the 920). It took me a while to get sorted out. I had doubles of everything, albums were split up into multiple places, etc. It was a complete mess. The xbox music hub has never been perfect, and in fact, was pretty lousy. Hopefully now that it is an app it gets sorted out with some updates. That, or hopefully some good third party apps come along and provide something better.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
All of my music is here too... twice over!!!! Not sure what happened but after the 8.1 update all my music had clones made and im seeing double. Now on my surface too! Happened after letting the app update the songs list. :( Wow. Just Wow.)

This is cause your phone actually adds all your music now. If you have Win8 and use the music app it'll pull all your songs from there so you can stream them. I had this issue too until I unticked the "Show streaming music in my collection"

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
First thing missing that I found,,,,
Pictures Hub no longer has Save to Onedrive on individual pictures
Has everything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smart Hemp Gummies Austra