List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It is one extra click...but hitting volume key - tap for the thing to expand and then click the bell icon or vibrate icon...is not bad...just one extra step...

davo233

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
When I tap to "Wifi" in notification center, it just jumps to wifi settings and I have to turn it off by myself. I ask, why they did it ?! It's annoying.I did restore and now its even worse, now it doesnt connect to store, oh god..

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree so much.

One of the key points of this OS was the seamless integration with different services.

Now they are taking the app centric approach and I don't like it.

Completely agree. The mess of a FB app won' t even load for some people. Some people like me.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
One thing I hate about the 8.1 update is having the Status Bar always there... It simply ruins the simplicity...

For me the exact opposite is true; one thing I love about 8.1 is having the Status bar always there. Maybe it comes from my familiarity with iOS & Android; I don't know.

I'm disappointed that in 8.1 emailing attachments didn't change. How is WP supposed to be taken seriously as a business tool?

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the decrease in integration. Currently, the replacement for Podcasting is not nearly good enough. I can't even find/add StarTalk! Hopefully they stay true to their word and we see a lot more updates to the podcasting app in the near future.

Also, I liked going to the People Hub for my feeds. While the feeds are still available, I now have to open an app to look deeper into the posts.

I'd prefer the choice in the new Photo app not to open directly to all my photos. I'd rather it open to just the albums as it did before. Also, it was nice to see all my OneDrive albums integrated into the hub without having to open the OneDrive app.

tldr: Loss of integration. One of the main things that attracted me to Windows Phone in the first place.

Completely agree on all points.

NickMon68

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Really don't like the games in with the apps, that's it so far.

Why cant we have Games listed on a swipe right?

One of the big draws on WP for a lot of people is XBox Achievements, they should do more with that..

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Weird that you can't share a photo from the gallery to OneDrive. Hopefully it's on the OneDrive app side and an update will restore that.

For those who never tried out the Xbox Music preview app they released a few months ago, yeah, the live tile is gone. I'm not having any trouble with speed. It has always worked well for me and I stopped using the old Music/Video hub months ago. However, I don't have a device with an SD card so maybe that is the bottleneck for some people.

I do miss the Facebook feed in the ME tile, but I do not miss the Facebook chat being removed from messaging. It was always horrible. You couldn't send messages to offline people and if you were chatting with them on your PC it never sync'd up the conversation. You also couldn't do group chats. Now that Facebook Messaging app is out, that is the one to use.

All the games in the app list might be annoying. Would like a toggle for that.

Love the separate volume controls, but it is extra effort to switch to vibrate mode. I have not found a Cortana voice command to do it for me. I know #firstworldproblem

ahmadsamhann

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
  1. cant add custom words to dictionary
  2. new fb intergration sucks (period)
  3. enable/disable 2G/3G seems deeper than 8.0
  4. game shows in the app list

or I might be doing something wrong.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I find it strange that toggling bluetooth, airplane mode, and rotation lock work fine from the action center, but WiFi actually takes you to the WiFi settings instead of toggling.

Is the Facebook Beta app useless in 8.1 currently?

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My battery is at 93% after 30 minutes of being off the charger. I have a 1020. I could go 2-3 hours on 100% before it dropped to 99%. I'm a little worried that 8.1 is a battery drainer

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Been another 10 minutes... still updating collection. -_- I'm going to try to reserve all anger until after it's finished.

Crash Override1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Keyboard.
Why did they remove the comma (,) I know it's under dot (.) I,also,know,some,people,used,to,type,like,this,hitting,comma,instead,of,space)) but common really
and I dont like the little icons that show up while i type "type [phone] and phone icon show up"

you can add it on settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000