List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

josef.r

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else or it's only me? Glance screen no more working. Only clock but no notifications

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Crash Override1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
1. i don't like that the WIFI toggle still leads you to the wifi control and not set it for on/off
2. i don't like that the action center does allow only 4 toggles
3. i don't like that there is no flashlight toggle
4. i don't like the fact the the amazing keyboard is only in english ( no hebrew )
5. and the most weird thing is that after clicking one notification on the notification center (let's say WhatsApp) and i still have mail notifications, the icon on the notification bar disappear...

scottwallace5

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! I have like over 100+games and for them to be on my already long app list is absolutely ridiculous! I really hope they change that in an update!

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Xbox Music just crashed as it was coming to the end of the song list... and now it wants to look for all the music again...

I'm done.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Some of these changes are so blatantly ignorant that it's hard to believe there already isn't an update for these issues in the mix. The ENTIRE OS was sold as "get in, get out" and they've literally taken that completely away. It's now quite possible the least "connected" OS out there.

Saying that, I still think the update was huge and great.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
You sure about that ? I still have the option under settings - touch, to disable the vibration for wp keys. (Lumia 820 black updated to 8.1) Check it once more.

Yep...just looked in Settings > Touch. I get Touch sensitivity and Double tap to wake...Nothing about the vibration anymore. Oh well...so far, that's my only complaint, and it's a tiny one :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap, thankfully I waited before moving to Windows phone all sounds such a mess, don't think ill bother now

you do realize this is a PREVIEW meaning it is sort of like Beta. By the time the official version comes out, I expect bug fixes.

People should realize that some of the bugs/issues you have should be expected since you did install a PREVIEW of an official update.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Some of these changes are so blatantly ignorant that it's hard to believe there already isn't an update for these issues in the mix. The ENTIRE OS was sold as "get in, get out" and they've literally taken that completely away. It's now quite possible the least "connected" OS out there.

Saying that, I still think the update was huge and great.

the sad thing is they have listened to TOO MANY Android users who don't know JACK SQUAT about workflow and design concepts. And it shows. Almost ALL the customization crap now is based on android crap.

Busting up hubs is absolutely the worst move EVAR.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
OH MY GOD!! WTF? I can not post a status update through the me tile to FB, Twitter and Linked in AT THE SAME time anymore!??????? You have to use the damn app!?????
Oh hell NO you didn't!!!!!

Me thinks I may be done with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap