List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Get a life seriously. The whole point of discussion boards is to discuss and assist; not to complain, take that somewhere else.

The name of the thread title is 'list what you DO NOT like on 8.1'

You get a life, or better yet get some reading glasses. You can't help what has been REMOVED from the most efficient location.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Why are people flipping because certain apps are not working?

The update JUST came out today, people? If the Facebook Beta app is not working at least give them more than 4 hours to update it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So you're done with Windows Phone because of this?

Do Android(Stock I mean) have this feature properly integrated into the OS like WP8 originally was?
So you're going to leave WP because you can't update a status which means you're likely will migrate to another OS which is even less integrated with FB, Twitter, Linked in and doesn't allow you to do it all at the same time?

makes PERFECT SENSE....that was sarcasm btw.
OH MY GOD!! WTF? I can not post a status update through the me tile to FB, Twitter and Linked in AT THE SAME time anymore!??????? You have to use the damn app!?????
Oh hell NO you didn't!!!!!

Me thinks I may be done with WP.

kingbobyjr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else or it's only me? Glance screen no more working. Only clock but no notifications

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Lumia 928 here and notifications are showing on the Glance screen. I did notice after 8.1 was installed and I went to Settings > Glance, it asked for a reboot. I'm going to assume the Glance app got updated and needed that reboot for it to function correctly.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
OH MY GOD!! WTF? I can not post a status update through the me tile to FB, Twitter and Linked in AT THE SAME time anymore!??????? You have to use the damn app!?????

I'm in the same boat. And I swear I switched to Windows Phone because of its fluidity. My 820, which is supposed to be a premium device, is now lagging like a prepaid Android device.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

yes, they have turned to the Android way of doing everything as inefficient as possible.

IN FACT, I KNOW this was one of the 'Smoked by Windows Phone' tests

WHY in the HELL do they think they need to remove a function for every function they put in, and why are they attacking so many user centric functions? 'People first'?!?! WTF ever...

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Legit on eBay right now looking for alternatives. That or I'm going to switch to my un-upgraded 520. I'm livid. Music is my #1 priority.

I might not update just because of this. Unacceptable imo. I use music at work, running, in my car...why pay for a service I can't use? Sure I can use it on my xbone1 or computer, but I don't. I would assume most people use Xbox music on their phone. I have so many frustrations with Xbox music already...

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will work it out. They've for alot of the things we as WP users have asked for. The update is BRAND new. Give them time. The official one will be exactly what done was expecting. Have some patience with them and wait it out until the official date. They'll pull through. I have faith in them making WP more amazing then it already is. It's a beta, there will be problems. Inform everyone of the problems so they can look for those and fix them for the official update in the summer. Don't attack others users here is Microsoft. It won't since anything. Make the best of this update for now and be even more excited for the official one. Keep things friendly everyone. Thanks!

spyridon

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
you do realize this is a PREVIEW meaning it is sort of like Beta. By the time the official version comes out, I expect bug fixes.

People should realize that some of the bugs/issues you have should be expected since you did install a PREVIEW of an official update.

Yeah, actually... THIS!

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I might not update just because of this. Unacceptable imo. I use music at work, running, in my car...why pay for a service I can't use? Sure I can use it on my xbone1 or computer, but I don't. I would assume most people use Xbox music on their phone. I have so many frustrations with Xbox music already...

They need to just bring back Zune... and not just in name.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
no its not beta.....it went gold. This crap is what we'll get in the summer. Cortana and an action center apparently chewed up all the space for features WE ALREADY HAD.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Email attachment NEEDS to be able to attach excel, word, PDF files. This should have been available out the gate with windowsphone 8! Ohhh that rhymes!! Too bad it makes me sad.. I'm done I swear..

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So you're done with Windows Phone because of this?

Do Android(Stock I mean) have this feature properly integrated into the OS like WP8 originally was?
So you're going to leave WP because you can't update a status which means you're likely will migrate to another OS which is even less integrated with FB, Twitter, Linked in and doesn't allow you to do it all at the same time?

makes PERFECT SENSE....that was sarcasm btw.

Game changers.

People Hub disintegration
Games in App List,
Me tile disintegration (wants you to use separate app now too)
Message Hub no longer can do instachat to FB and Skype.
Calendar was (view) improved, but you took out the FB integration here too. = FAIL

As for "Done with WP" Possible emotional overstatement. But the worse part about admitting that.... I actually thought it. Know what I mean?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap