Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Been reading some comments lately on GSMArena... Most of them are negative... They're saying that the touch screen and battery backup of the phone is bad...

What can you say about this?

As a Lumia fan, I can say that I am disappointed with MS on this one. Considering it is their FIRST Lumia phone, they should've tested it properly before bringing it to the masses...

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
re: Many Lumia 535 owners complaining!

They have already started rolling out the firmware update to fix the touch issues and possibly improve the batterylife too.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

These testings have to be done before consumer release.very disappointed with MS.
From Windows phone

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

I agree. This kind of problem shouldn't be appears. That show how MS inexperienced in mobile devices.

This kind problem never happen when Nokia still in business. If they keep screw out maybe I'll use Nokia smartphones that released by other companies like foxcon

Lumia 535 screen unresponsive problem is a disgrace to all Lumia device even MS have same resource as Nokia has before they screw out from the start

nolanpangestu

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

I've get the update on L535.. Well there is some improvement on touch but still not perfect.. I am very disappointed with MS about build quality... It's very bad, i know the specs is far better than previous L530 or 520.. But the build quality is poor.. The back cover is poor.. The touch.. And the buttons.. The L520 still the best on hardware quality.. I think MS was push the specs to hard so the materials quality is decreased..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've get the update on L535.. Well there is some improvement on touch but still not perfect.. I am very disappointed with MS about build quality... It's very bad, i know the specs is far better than previous L530 or 520.. But the build quality is poor.. The back cover is poor.. The touch.. And the buttons.. The L520 still the best on hardware quality.. I think MS was push the specs to hard so the materials quality is decreased..

I think the 630 might be calling your name.

nolanpangestu

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

I know.. But the world is getting hard.. There is no choices.. L630 specs didn't suit my needs, especially 1gb ram and front facing camera and flash.. But MS give the specs too high at that price.. So they need to decrease the materials quality.. I just don't like android even they've complete list of apps and games.. So i choose wp.. But all ruined by MS.. To bad to release fail product.. Why MS like with failure.. :(

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

i'm from indonesia and pre-order 2 unit lumia 535 with my friend, black & white, the black one which is mine is having hardware problem (vibrate not working at all). I brought to Nokia Care Center and have to wait for 23 work day, very disappoint with this. Lack of Quality Check from Microsoft even if this is 1st Microsoft Phone. Now i have to wait for my new Lumia which is become refurbished/2nd after getting sevice, damn.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

I know.. But the world is getting hard.. There is no choices.. L630 specs didn't suit my needs, especially 1gb ram and front facing camera and flash.. But MS give the specs too high at that price.. So they need to decrease the materials quality.. I just don't like android even they've complete list of apps and games.. So i choose wp.. But all ruined by MS.. To bad to release fail product.. Why MS like with failure.. :(

Unless you are a hardcore gamer. 630/635 way better than 535. Screen is great. The case also nice. It may lost auto adjustment for brightness but snapdragon 400 way better.

Compared to 535 625 perform better. Snapdragon S4 seems work better than 200. And the screen is perfect. The same also goes to 520.

2nd Gen Windows phone is great. I wouldn't recommend 3rd gen bellow 630. (except 530) get 730 black or 830. If you rich get 930.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

i'm from indonesia and pre-order 2 unit lumia 535 with my friend, black & white, the black one which is mine is having hardware problem (vibrate not working at all). I brought to Nokia Care Center and have to wait for 23 work day, very disappoint with this. Lack of Quality Check from Microsoft even if this is 1st Microsoft Phone. Now i have to wait for my new Lumia which is become refurbished/2nd after getting sevice, damn.

If I remember 925 cost 2.999.000 IDR. While 625 cost 1.999.999 IDR.
Why did you get 535 anyway. Get Nokia Lumia. Not Microsoft one. 730 also good it cost as same as 925 by lack of LTE. Some carrier already advanced into LTE so get LTE devices

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

If I remember 925 cost 2.999.000 IDR. While 625 cost 1.999.999 IDR.
Why did you get 535 anyway. Get Nokia Lumia. Not Microsoft one. 730 also good it cost as same as 925 by lack of LTE. Some carrier already advanced into LTE so get LTE devices
Because it's suit my budget & needed for now and i want to try first Microsoft Lumia phone, but it turned out to be not quite good experience for me.
How long do you think Microsoft will support Nokia devices? And everyone has their choice based on their own preferences, didn't you?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Because it's suit my budget & needed for now and i want to try first Microsoft Lumia phone, but it turned out to be not quite good experience for me.
How long do you think Microsoft will support Nokia devices? And everyone has their choice based on their own preferences, didn't you?

According to their own statement when purchasing Nokia mobile division they also take over any service regarding previously nokia device including services repair and warranty

Next time you brought a electronic devices be sure to do some research about the product that you are going to buy

Last edited:

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

According to their own statement when purchasing Nokia mobile division they also take over any service regarding previously nokia device including services repair and warranty

Next time you brought a electronic devices be sure to do some research about the product that you are going to buy
Of course i do some research about the product i want to buy, i don't mind about touch screen issues but i don't expected about some hardware not working properly (vibrate motor in my case).
You are referring to hardware support i supposed, it's the OS support that i concern. How long and how many OS update that you will get with the old phone? And yes Lumia series x2x will get windows 10 according to Microsoft but how long? I know for sure the x3x series will get more.
I like windows phone because OS update support that we will get more with the old hardware without lag problem, etc. So far i like my fist Lumia 520, but i want to upgrade that suit my needs for now.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I really hope they get these problems sorted out. Microsoft cannot affort any more bad publicity than they have already gotten. Most tech people were praising the phone for its features and low price and even saying this might help turn things around. This is not going to help. I just bought a 635 to replace my backup 520. Passed on the 535, not available when I purchased the 635 anyway. My 820 (main phone) is solid as a rock and it looks like I am going to keep it for some time as future phones look iffy. Even bought a Moto G lte to experiment with Android. Microsoft don't fail me now.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

I really hope they get these problems sorted out. Microsoft cannot affort any more bad publicity than they have already gotten. Most tech people were praising the phone for its features and low price and even saying this might help turn things around. This is not going to help. I just bought a 635 to replace my backup 520. Passed on the 535, not available when I purchased the 635 anyway. My 820 (main phone) is solid as a rock and it looks like I am going to keep it for some time as future phones look iffy. Even bought a Moto G lte to experiment with Android. Microsoft don't fail me now.

When you think about it Microsoft was a software company. They got big because of Windows for PC and Office.

At the very moment I'm gonna buy Lumia smartphones that have Nokia Logo on it. Until they carried out good services. I think I 'm gonna stick with Nokia

paulsison19

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Lumia 535's Capacitive Multipoint-Touch problem (the stuttering, lag and multi touch of few fingers) is not actually solved with the released update which is the OS version 8.10.14226.359. The problem is still there. I have also turned off the Magnifier under Ease of Access.

Some people like me has sweaty hands and it's mostly difficult for me to use the phone.

Will Microsoft ever fix this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss